Fixing

Sam X Reader 

Synopsis: It takes place after Sam fell into Lucifer's pit, but before you and Dean find out he's back topside. 

      After Sam had went to Hell, you and Dean decided to settle down. He went to Lisa and Ben, and you got your own apartment only a few minutes away from his house. You two had stayed close, becuase it was a reminder that Sam would always be there with you. You walked into your apartment, and pulled out your phone. You had a missed call from Grayson, a guy you had gone on a date with, and cursed. You guys were supposed to have dinner tonight. 

  You sent him a quick text, saying you were so sorry and you had completely forgotten about the dinner. You kicked off your shoes and walked into your kitchen, pulling out some leftover takeout from last night. Plopping down on the couch, you turned on a movie and began eating dinner alone. Like usual. You sighed, tonight it was worse than usual. The need for Sam to be here with you. You looked over at your tiny table by the front door, gazing at the picture of you and Sam resting on top of it. It had been your birthday, and he had smashed your face into the cake. You had kissed him for payback. The picture was of you two making funny faces with cake-covered mouths. 

    Your phone buzzed and you took it out, surprised to see Dean was calling you. He usually just texted. 

  "Hello?" You asked. 

  "Y/n, something big just happened. I need you to come here now." Dean said. 

  "Sure, I'm on my way." You said, going to grab your shoes. 

  "Oh, I'm not at my house. I'll text you the address. Just hurry." And with that, you hung up. You grabbed your keys and practically ran out of the house. Your phone went off with the address Dean had texted you, and you entered it into your GPS. It took about fifteen minutes to get there, and you jogged up to the door of the old and abandoned house. 

    "Dean?" You asked, opening it with a loud creak. You waked into the other room, where Dean was sitting with his head in his hands. 

  "Dean! What's going on?" You asked, walking over to him. He looked up, a clouded emotion in his eyes. 

  "Well, would you look at that. My one and only Pumpkin." Came a voice. Only one person called you that. You turned around, and you couldn't believe your eyes. There he was, standing there. He looked just like you remembered, a smile on his face as he looked at you. 

   "Sam?" You breathed out, tears blurring your vision. This was too good to be true. Sam opened his arms. 

  "In the flesh." He replied. You exhaled happily before running into the arms you never thought you'd feel again. You kissed Sam, him kissing back a little roughly. 

  "How is this possible? I thought you were in Hell." You said, pulling away from him. 

  "I was, but something got me out. I don't know what." He replied. You now had another question. 

  "Wait, how long have you been out?" You asked. Sam leaned against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest. 

  "About a year." He said nonchalantly, and you were shocked. If he had been out that long, why hadn't he sought out you or Dean? 

  "And you didn't come and find one of us?" You asked through gritted teeth. You clenched your fists. 

  "You both seemed so happy with your lives, I didn't want to take that away from you." He said, although it didn't sound like he meant it. This wasn't the Sam you knew, something was off. 

  "Sam, do you know how miserable I have been since you were gone? How many times I wanted nothing more than to see you? Does that sound happy to you?" You demanded. 

  "Y/n, I just didn't think I wanted to find you. Not yet. Besides, I was having too much fun hunting monsters. It's way better when I'm alone." He replied, and you turned your back on him. 

  "Something's not right. This isn't Sam. Did you check him?" You asked Dean, being quiet so Sam couldn't hear. 

   "Yeah I checked him, I don't know what's going on with him." He replied, standing up. You turned back to Sam. 

   "Sam, what happened to you in the pit?" You asked, and he shrugged. 

  "I don't know. I don't remember anything." He replied, and you inwardly groaned. 

  "Hello Dean, Y/n. What do you need?" You turned around to see Cas standing next to Dean. 

  "Sam's back, but something's off. Can you help us?" You heard Dean say quietly to Cas. You saw Cas nod. About two minutes later, Sam was belted to a chair and Cas took off his belt. 

  "You'll want to bite down on this." He said, placing it in Sam's mouth. Cas stuck his hand in Sam's chest, earning a scream from Sam. You closed your eyes, not being able to handle watching him suffer. Cas pulled out his hand, and Sam fainted. 

  "Well?" You asked, standing closer to Dean. Cas turned to us, pulling his sleeve back down. 

  "He doesn't have his soul, it must have been left in the pit." Cas said gravely, and you couldn't hold back your gasp. 

 ~After Sam got his soul back and Cas fixed him from having hallucinations~ 

      You waited by the car, Dean and Cas were supposedly fixing Sam in there. You needed the man you love back. The two brothers walked out, and you sighed and jogged over to them. 

   "Sam." You said quietly, and for the first time in a long time he looked at you like the old Sam did. Like you were his world. 

  "Y/n, I-" You cut him off, pulling him down for a kiss. He wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you closer. 

  "I love you." You said after the both of you pulled away, and he smiled at your words. 

  "I love you too." He whispered, clutching your hand in his.