Unnatural

Sam X Reader

Synopsis: You get possessed, and Dean has to perform the exorcism because Sam couldn't handle it. Then he realizes how much worse it is to watch.

   You drove down the street, heading to the bunker after going to get dinner. The music came out of the radio, quiet so you could focus on driving. Suddenly something black slammed against the Impala's windshield, causing the car to swerve.

~Sam's POV~

      I walked down the hall of the library, a book in my hand and my eyes scanning the page. I was waiting for y/n to get back, and I didn't really have anything better to do than to read. Then I heard the bunker door slam closed. Part of me was confused by that, as long as I knew y/n she had never slammed the door that loudly. I wasn't sure it was her. But then I saw her walk in with the bags of food, and my confusion instantly disappeared as my eyes landed on the love of my life. 

  "Hey, what did you get?" I asked, setting down my book and walking over to her. She looked up at me, kind of looking like she didn't recognize me for a second. 

  "Oh, I um, just the regular stuff." She replied, setting it down. Her voice sounded kind of off, colder than usual. Something was definitely going on. 

  "Y/n are you okay?" I asked, grabbing her hand. She jerked at the contact, looking like she was surprised I would do that. 

  "Yeah, I'm fine Sam. Just tired probably. Where's Dean?" She asked, and I raised an eyebrow. Since when was she worried about Dean? 

   "In his room. Why?" I asked, and she looked like she messed up by saying that. "Just thinking he's hungry. That's all." She said quickly. I nodded slowly, my hunter instincts kicking in. 

  "Alright, I'll go get him. Then we can all eat." I said, turning towards Dean's room. I glanced back over, watching as y/n took the food out of the bag, setting in on the table. I quickly faced forward again and headed towards Dean's room. He was laying on his bed, his headphones on and the music so loud that he didn't realize I was in there until I grabbed his shoulder. He opened his eyes, sitting up and taking off the headphones. 

  "What?" He asked, and I sighed before sitting down on the bed next to him. "Dinner's here, but there's something going on with y/n, she's acting weird." I said, and Dean nodded. 

  "Maybe she's trying to hint that she wants to leave." Dean offered, but he didn't know anything about how women acted when they wanted to leave. He only had one night stands with them. 

  "No, I mean she's acting weird. Like, unnatural weird." I explained, watching as the thoughts turned in Dean's mind. 

   "What, like she's possessed?" Dean asked quietly, and I nodded. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I whirled around to see y/n leaning against the door frame. 

   "I hate to break up whatever is happening here, but the food's getting cold." She said rather cheerily, I turned back to Dean, giving him a look that said, 'See?'. He nodded, he understood now. 

  "Yeah, we're coming." Dean said, standing up from his bed. I did the same, and we followed y/n back to the kitchen to eat. We all sat down, and we mostly ate in silence. 

  "Y/n can you pass me the salt?" Dean asked, watching as y/n's face filled with alarm. She gingerly reached for the salt, handing it to Dean. He pretended to drop it, spilling it on y/n. She gasped in pain, jerking away from the table. When she looked at us, her eyes were pitch black. 

   "So what did I do wrong?" She asked, her breathing ragged, "How did you guess it wasn't actually y/n?" She added, snarling. Dean stood up, and so did I. 

  "I guessed it when you jerked away when I grabbed your hand. The real y/n would have loved that." I said, and I watched as the demon inside of y/n cackled. 

  "That's too bad. Y/n's gone, it's only me now." She said, but there was no sign of injury on y/n's body, so I guessed the demon was lying to try to get to me. Dean suddenly lunged forward, putting y/n in the handcuffs that could hold any magical creature. She shrieked in fury, trying to get away from Dean. 

   "I'll take her to the dungeon, then we'll do an exorcism." Dean said, jerking away as y/n tried to bite him. I nodded, feeling weak from seeing y/n like this. He walked out, tugging the demon along with him. I took a few deep breaths before going after him. He already had her chained to the chair, and she had a smirk on her face as I walked in. 

  "You okay Sam?" She asked, grinning, "You look a little pale. Seeing me inside your little y/n must hurt." She said, and it took everything inside of me and my love for y/n not to jam the demon blade into her chest. 

   "Don't listen Sam, she's trying to get into your head." Dean muttered to me, flipping through dad's journal for the exorcism. We both had it memorized, but this was y/n. We had to be careful. 

  "You think an exorcism is going to work on me? I'm latched onto your precious girl like a flea on a dog." The demon spat, leaning back in her seat. I glared at her, and she answered with another smirk. 

   "Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus," Dean began, and the demon inside y/n let out a pain-filled scream. I clenched my shaking fists. It's the demon, not y/n screaming. "Omnis satanica potestas," Dean continued, and the demon sobbed, throwing her head back. 

   "Y/n's pregnant! You can't do this, the baby!" The demon screamed at us, and Dean paused. I stared at her, shocked. "Is that the truth?" I asked, voice shaky. 

  "Yes." The demon said, slightly nodding her head. I didn't know what to do. What if the exorcism did hurt the baby? "Sam, I have to finish. If y/n actually is pregnant we have to get the demon out." Dean said to me, and I looked over to him. I hesitated, before nodding. 

  "Omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio," Dean continued, and the demon's sobs were laced with screams. I couldn't take it. "Stop! You're hurting her!" I yelled at Dean, forgetting about the demon. All I saw was the love of my life screaming in pain. Dean looked at me, sympathy in his eyes. 

   "Omnis congregatio et secta diabolica." Dean finished, and y/n threw her head back as the demon left her and went back to Hell. Y/n slumped forward, her breathing ragged. I ran over to her, unchaining her before picking her up in my arms. I took her to the kitchen, getting her some water. She was shaking. I crouched down in front of her. 

    "Are you okay?" I asked after she took a long sip of her water. She nodded, and I grabbed her hands. "Is it true what the demon said? About you being.... pregnant?" I asked, and I waited for her to answer. 

  "Yes." She said, "I was going to tell you after dinner but then I kind of got possessed." She said, ending with a wry chuckle. I smiled. 

  "We're going to be parents." I murmured, and she nodded. I got up on my knees, caressing her cheek and kissing her.