Tender Loving Care

Dean X Reader

Requested by theEArs

Synopsis: You are hunting with the Winchesters and you get hurt. You survive, but just barely. You have to be on bed rest for weeks, and Dean takes it upon him to take care of you. 

   You walked through the house, more silent than should be possible, on high alert. You were on a hunt, and you had broken off from Sam and Dean. You were on your own. Even though you always were, you had to be more careful than usual. You didn't have any backup this time.

   Slowly opening a door, you winced as it creaked on its old hinges. Looking in the room, you didn't see anything at first glance so you walked in. You scanned the room, looking for the werewolf. Suddenly, the door slammed shut and there was a deep growl from behind you and you felt a hand wrap around your neck. You gasped, but the werewolf threw you into the wall. You heard a sickening pop, and pain spread through you. The werewolf stalked over to you, and you reached for your gun that was barely out of reach. 

   A scream passed your lips as the werewolf's claws ripped through the skin going from your left shoulder down to your right hip. Kicking the werewolf's leg and making him fall, you pushed through the pain, reached over, and shot the werewolf in the heart before going lip and letting the pain and seriousness of your injuries consume you. The door was kicked open, and the Winchesters ran in with their guns raised. Upon realizing that the werewolf was dead and you were bleeding out, they dropped their guns and ran over to you. 

  "Oh god, Y/n. You're going to be okay. Stay with us." Sam said, picking you up in his arms. The edges of your vision were blackening, but you still saw Dean stare at you in what seemed like shock. Sam rushed out with you, yelling at Dean for him to follow, and you just wanted the pain to stop. You closed your eyes, and everything sounded far away. 

  The next time you opened your eyes, you were in your room in the bunker. It was quiet, unusually so. So your first thought was that this was your Heaven. Then you tried to sit up. Pain coursed through your body, and you gasped before collapsing back onto the bed. You definitely weren't in Heaven. 

  "Hello?" You croaked, your hands going to grab your throat. How long had you been asleep? Suddenly, you felt something warm and rough grab your hand. (It's a dick) You looked down, seeing Dean's hand holding your own. (EVEN BETTER)

  "Morning, sleeping beauty." He said, a faint smile on his plump lips. You smiled, taking your hand away from your best friend's. 

   "How long was I out?" You asked, missing the look of disappointment on Dean's face. Dean cleared his throat, sitting up. 

   "A couple days. I was getting kinda worried. Who'd make the pie if you were gone?" Dean teased, and you scoffed. Your throat felt like sandpaper, and the scoff felt like you had just swallowed a bucket of needles. 

  "Um.. could you get me water?" You asked quietly, and Dean shot up so quickly that he almost knocked over his chair. You suppressed a laugh and looked up at him. 

  "Yeah, I'll get you water. Any other requests?" He asked, and you smiled. "Some food would be nice, and maybe you could turn Netflix on?" You asked, chewing on your lip. Dean smiled, nodding. 

  "Yeah, I can do that. I'll be back. You just lay here, okay? You're too hurt to be up and around yet." And with that, he walked out to acquire the things you asked for. 

   Over the next two weeks, Dean took care of your every need, even when you wanted to cuddle because you were cold. Although you had always seen Dean as a very close friend, now that you saw this sweet, caring side of him you could feel yourself falling for the green-eyed hunter. 

  You were sitting up in bed, which was all you were allowed to do that wasn't laying down, and reading when a familiar face appeared. Castiel. 

  "Y/n, I just heard what happened. Are you alright?" Cas asked, brows furrowing as they often did. He walked over, sitting on the edge of the bed. You marked your page and set the book down, smiling kindly. 

  "I'm fine. In pain, but okay." You replied, shrugging. "Well, let me heal you. I can fix that." He said, reaching two fingers towards your forehead. You jerked away, holding your hands up. 

  "No, no, no. Don't heal me." You said quickly, earning a look of confusion from the Angel. "What- why don't you me want to heal you? Don't you want to feel better?" He asked. You sighed. No use in lying. 

   "Dean's been taking care of me, and I... I like it. He's nice and sweet and caring, and I like that side of him. And-" You paused, taking a deep breath, "I think I'm falling for him." 

  "I understand. Pray for me if you change your mind." And then the Angel was gone as quickly as he arrived. You sighed, leaning against the headboard. You closed your eyes, thinking for a minute. 

  "So, you're falling for me, huh?" Your eyes shot open, landing on Dean, who was leaning in the doorway and staring at you. You felt your face go bright red, and you swallowed nervously. 

  "You.. you heard that?" You asked quietly, watching as he walked over to you. He sat next to you, turning to look at you. 

  "Yeah, I did. I don't blame you, I'm pretty amazing. It isn't hard to fall for me." He smirked, and you hit his shoulder, causing him to chuckle. 

  "You're too cocky for your own good." You said, smiling. Dean looked at you, bright green eyes serious. 

  "I'm too crazy for you for my own good." He said, and your smile faltered. Did he really just...? 

  "What?" You asked, not knowing what else to say. Dean grabbed your hands, instantly enveloping them in warmth. 

  "I'm crazy about you, Y/n. God, I have been for a long time." He said, and you felt a smile grow on your lips. 

  "Could you maybe kiss me now? I think I've heard enough." You said, and he smiled before leaning forward. Your lips met, and every single cell in your body felt like it was on fire. 

And you loved it.