Searching

Dean X Reader

Synopsis: You and Dean go house shopping, even though neither of you have any plans of moving out of the bunker or quitting with the hunting. 

(The song I added to this chapter is one of my favorites, and it triggers some nostalgia so I thought I'd share it. Enjoy!)

     "So, why are we doing this?" Dean asked, glancing at you as he drove down the road. You smiled widely at him, gently squeezing his thigh. You'd been planning this date for a week and a half, it was safe to say that you were excited. 

     "Because it's going to be fun! We can pretend we live there and check out houses, get a taste of a normal, boring life. It's going to be a blast, I promise." You pressed a kiss to his cheek, leaning back in your seat with a smile on your face. Dean chuckled. 

    "Whatever you say." He muttered, turning down a road. 

    Ten minutes later, the two of you were standing in front of a house. There was a 'For Sale' sign stuck in the grass on your right, the realtor lady that insisted on showing you around today messing with a paper on it. 

   The house was quaint, and cute. It had two stories, was a pale blue with a front porch and a swing, and more backyard room than you'd know what to do with. You really liked this house. It felt peaceful. Although you'd never seen the inside, while you were browsing for houses to visit this one, along with many others, stuck out to you. 

   "Well," You began, looping your arm through Dean's- who was gazing intently at the house, "Should we go in?" 

    "Yeah, probably. Does she-" Dean sent a quick glance to the realtor lady, who was now blabbing on the phone, "Have to join us?" You laughed lightly, smiling up at your green-eyed boyfriend. 

   "I called her company while I was looking at a house to see if we needed anything or if there was a specific time to look at houses, and she insisted she join us and show us around. Sorry. That was not part of the plan." You explained. Dean smiled, walking up to the door. 

   "That's okay. We'll just have to make do." 

  "And this room here is kind of a creative space. It's open right now, but that means that you two can create whatever you want with it. A movie room, a gym, a den of sorts. Whatever you'd like." The realtor chatted happily, opening the door to reveal the staircase down to the basement. You went down first, Dean behind you. 

   Getting to the bottom, you looked around. It was quite an open space, with a lot of potential. You could see this being a craft room for kids, or a home office. You smiled at Dean, grabbing his hand. 

  "There's so many opportunities here." You commented. Although you knew you weren't going to buy any of the houses you saw, you hoped that whoever bought this house would enjoy it as much as you were. Dean smiled, gently squeezing your hand. 

  "I see that." He replied. 

   Once you had finished viewing that house, (Dean really liked the backyard, saying he could build a treehouse for future kids in the big willow tree, have a pool, and maybe even host some barbecues) you explained to Dean how there were three other houses you wanted to see today. He acted reluctant, but you knew he was just as excited as you were. 

   The second house was a big one, with five bedrooms and three stories. It had a giant kitchen, which you loved because you knew how much you and Dean both loved food. There wasn't much backyard space, which was a let-down with how beautiful everything else in the house was. It was an amazing house, and anyone would be lucky to have it, but it just seemed too big and unfamiliar for either you or Dean to like it very much. So, it wasn't long before you three were on your way to the third house of the day. 

   This one wasn't actually a house. It was a cottage in the woods, just up the road from a gorgeous lake. You loved this house just as much as the first one, if not more. It was private and peaceful, and in your element. You loved nature, so a house in the woods was like Heaven on Earth for you. Dean loved it, too. It had a window in every room so there was plenty of light, and the kitchen was a great size. Not to mention the endless backyard space (the entire woods, basically) and the beautiful lake that was warm enough to swim in for hours without ever getting too cold. This house was what you'd dreamed of living in since you were a little girl, and you couldn't stop smiling. 

   At one point, the realtor lady got busy jabbing on the phone with her boss, and you and Dean snuck away to the lake for some privacy. You were standing on the dock, back against Dean's chest as his arms were wrapped around your waist, both of you staring out at the water. You took a deep breath, feeling completely peaceful. It's time, you thought. So you told him. 

"I'm pregnant." You said. 

"I want to marry you." Dean said at the same time. 

 You pulled away, turning to look at Dean, and he looked at you. 

"Wait, what?" You asked. 

"Did you just say you were pregnant?" He asked. 

"Did you just propose?" 

"Tell me." 

"Yes, I said I was pregnant. I've been wanting to tell you for awhile, now. And when I finally to tell you, you freaking propose!" 

"Well, of course I proposed! What did you expect? I love you. You're really pregnant? With my kid?" 

"Don't be stupid. Of course it's your kid. Do you really want to marry me?" 

Dean reached into his pocket, pulling out a small ring box. So he really did. You grinned, looking up at him. He was smiling too, a little nervously. 

  "Y/n Y/l/n, I love you. I've loved you for as long as I can remember. You've put up with my stubbornness, stood by me through the hardest times of my life, and you've always been my rock. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, but not as your boyfriend. As your husband. And as I very recently found out, we're going to have a family. I want that with you. So, will you please do me the honor of becoming my wife?" He asked, opening the box. 

   You smiled, nodding. "Yes, of course I will." 

He grinned, sliding the ring onto your finger and pulling you into a kiss which you eagerly returned. Once you both broke apart, Dean spoke. 

  "I think it's time we settle down. What do you say? Can you see this place as our home?" He asked. Your jaw dropped, was he serious? 

"Are you serious?" You asked. He nodded. You gasped, laughing. 

"Yes, yes! I'd love it! Oh my god, yes." You blurted, and Dean chuckled. 

"Then let's go tell that lady she can leave us alone now." He said, grabbing your hand. The two of you began walking back to the house, hearts beating fast. 

"Hey, Dean?" 

"Yeah?" 

"I love you." 

"I love you, too."