Permission

Sam X Reader

Synopsis: Sam asks your father, a bad ass hunter that's very protective of you, permission to ask you to marry him. Who knows which way this meeting will go. 

    Sam took a deep breath before knocking on the cabin door where your father was currently staying at. He opened it, raising an eyebrow at Sam. 

  "Sam? What is it? Is Y/n okay?" He asked in his deep voice. Sam nodded, looking your dad right in the eyes. 

  "Y/n is fine. I came here to speak to you." Sam explained, clenching and opening his fists nervously. 

  "Alright, come into the front room, I'll make some coffee."  Your dad replied, moving so Sam could come in. Sam sat down on the couch, going over the words in his head once again. Your dad handed him a mug of coffee and Sam mumbled a quiet 'thank you.' 

  "Now, Sam. What is it you want to talk to me about?" Your dad asked, sitting down in his chair and propping his feet on the table. 

 "Mr. Y/l/n, I have been dating Y/n for three years now. And I love her with every fiber of my being. She's an amazing woman and I am so lucky that she chooses to be mine." Sam started, "And I came here to ask for your permission to ask her to marry me." He finished off. The coffee burned hot in his hands and the silence was almost tangible.

  "Well?" Sam asked, biting his lip nervously. Your father put his feet down and leaned forward. He stayed silent, staring at Sam.

  "There's a demon attacking, you try to kill it or save y/n?" He asked.

  "I'd save y/n, I'd do anything to save her." Sam replied.

  "You'd even give yourself up?" He questioned.

   "Without hesitation." Sam said, sitting straight up. Your dad stood up.

  "Well then congratulations son, you've got my blessing. Just know, if I hear about you hurting her I will hunt you down to the ends of the Earth." He said, holding out his hand for Sam to shake it. Sam laughed and grabbed your dad's hand before pulling him into a hug.

   "Thank you sir." Sam said, and your father patted him on the back.

  "Now you better go, can't let y/n get suspicious." He said, and Sam nodded. He thanked your father once again before leaving.

~2 weeks later~ ~Your POV~

    You walked along the edge of the stream, your hand in Sam's. He had suggested going on a walk through the woods today, and you had agreed.

  "Sam, why did you want to go on a walk?" You asked, looking up at him.

  "Just wait until we get to the spot." He replied, avoiding your gaze. You shrugged and looked at all the trees with their red, yellow, and brown leaves. Soon, you came to a clearing. Standing there was Dean, Cas, and your dad. Sam let go of your hand and went to stand next to Dean. Then you saw the shirts. Your dad's said, 'Will', Cas' said, 'You', and Dean's said, 'Marry'. Sam was unbuttoning his flannel to show a shirt just like the others but his said, 'Me?' You laughed and walked over to Sam.  He knelt down on one knee and pulled out a ring. You placed a hand on your chest as tears filled your eyes.

  "Y/n Y/l/n, I love you so much, and I always will. You mean the world to me and I am forever grateful to call you mine. Two weeks ago, I asked your dad for permission to do this and he said yes. I hope you give me the same answer. So, Y/n, will you do me the incredible honor of becoming my wife?" Sam asked. You nodded before whispering, "Yes." Sam grinned and slid the ring onto your finger. Everyone cheered as Sam picked you up and spun you around, earning a giggle from you. He set you down before leaning down to kiss you.

   "I love you." He murmured against your lips.

  "I love you too." You replied before closing the space between the two of you.

  "Okay guys, I bought alcohol and food to celebrate.  Let's go set that up and give these two some privacy." Your dad said, and you smiled. The three men left, leaving you and your fiance alone.

  "So, Summer wedding?" Sam asked, reaching for your hand. 

  "Hell no! We have to do a Fall wedding, idiot." You replied, grabbing his hand and plopping down into the grass. Sam did the same.

  "Okay then, and are we going all out or just doing a small one?" He asked.

  "I don't know right now, and I don't really care. All I care about right now is you, Mr. Winchester." You replied, before tackling Sam and making him lay on the grass. He laughed before kissing you, and you melted into the kiss. 

  "How about we go celebrate? There's plenty of time for that later." Sam said, and you nodded. The two of you walked back through the woods before going into the bunker to celebrate the best thing that's ever happened to you.