Late Night Talk

Sam X Reader 

Synopsis: You and Sam are having one of your usual late night talks when you accidentally let it slip that you love him. 

     You knocked on Sam's bedroom door, hearing shuffling before the door open to show a bed-headed Sam. He squinted at you, he obviously had been asleep. 

    "Y/n? Is everything okay?" He asked, seeing that you were holding your pillow. You hadn't been able to sleep, and you knew you needed to have a talk with your best friend. Who also just happened to be the guy you were in love with. 

   "Sorry that I woke you up, I was just wondering of you were up for a late night talk?" You asked quietly, even though Dean's room was nowhere near here. 

   "It's like two a.m." He replied, running his fingers through his hair to smooth it down. You nodded, feeling stupid and wishing you had never woken him up. 

  "Yeah, you're right. Sorry. I'll let you go back to bed." You said, turning to head back to your room. But Sam grabbed your arm, stopping you from leaving. 

   "Wait, I never said no. Of course you can talk to me, you know I'll always listen." He said, and you turned to face him. Grinning, you walked into his room. You jumped onto his bed, and he turned on his lamp before laying next to you. 

   "So, tell me what's on your mind." He said, propping himself on his elbow to look at you. You clutched your pillow to your chest, pursing your lips in thought. 

   "Well I just feel like I don't fit in with you and Dean. You two have been with each other all your lives, and I just joined you guys a few years ago. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here." You said so fast that Sam almost didn't catch it. 

   "What? Y/n, that's crap and you know it. You're with us now. We accepted you as one of us a long time ago. I can't believe you would think that." Sam said, looking at you with bewilderment. You sighed, you knew he was right. 

   "Yeah, you're right. Sometimes my insecurities get the better of me." You explained, and Sam gave you a look that said 'I know.' 

   "Anything else?" He asked, and you chewed on your bottom lip before speaking again. This time you talked even faster, even if that were possible. 

    "I just really hope you don't view me as family because that'd be really bad for my self-esteem considering I've kind of been in love with you for quite a while now and if you thought of me as your little sister that would suck." You blurted, before gasping and slapping a hand to your mouth. Sam's face filled with shock, and he sat up so fast he almost fell off the bed. 

   "What?" He questioned, looking at you. You dropped your hand, sighing before clutching your pillow. You had just made a huge mistake. 

   "Oh my God, I am so sorry. It just slipped out. I-I'll leave if you want me to. I can have all my stuff packed in like an hour." You said, standing up. Sam did the same. 

  "Y/n, what the hell are you talking about? Why would I want you to leave?" He asked, standing in front of you and blocking your only way out. 

   "Because I just blurted that I love you." You explained, feeling confused as to why he wasn't letting you go. 

   "Have you ever thought of the possibility that I feel the same?" He asked, stepping forward. With every step he took you took a step back and soon your back hit the wall. He placed a hand on either side of your head, waiting for an answer. 

   "What? No. I- I never even explored the possibility that you could feel the same. I mean, why would you? I'm not-" Sam cut you off, pressing his lips against yours. You melted into the kiss, wrapping your arms around his neck. His went around your waist, pulling you close. He pulled away, smiling at you. 

  "Well you should have thought about it. I've been crazy about you since forever." He murmured, before you grinned and pulled him into another kiss. This wasn't how you had planned this talk to go, but you were sure glad that it had.