The One

Cas X Reader

Synopsis: You and Cas get in a nasty fight and you storm off, and everything changes.

     "I can't do this anymore!" You exclaimed, angrily running your hands through your hair. You whirled around to face your Angel boyfriend, who thought you were being too clingy. 

    "Well just leave! All I want is some space!" Cas yelled back, standing at the other side of the room for safe measures. He knew damn well about your temper. 

   "Fine! I bid you good riddance, Castiel." You spat. You walked out of the hotel room, slamming the door behind you. You huffed, giving the cold air a minute to seep into your skin and calm you. 

   "I need a drink." You muttered, turning towards the direction of the nearest bar.

~Cas' POV~

   I sighed and sat down on one of the beds, y/n was being way too clingy. She was hugging me and holding my hand every once in awhile, which was way too much.

   "Cas, buddy. What happened? Where's y/n?" Dean asked, standing in the doorway of the hotel room.

   "I don't know, she got mad for no reason and ran off." I replied, exhausted.

   "That doesn't sound like y/n, tell me what happened." Dean said, sitting across from me.

   "Dean, she's being too clingy. She hugs me and sometimes holds my hand. It's too much." I explained, and Dean laughed. I frowned, this wasn't funny.

   "Cas, that's normal in a relationship." Dean replied, and my brow furrowed in confusion. It was normal?

  "Really?" I asked.

  "Yeah, listen. I don't think you're ready for a human relationship, so maybe you should break up with y/n before it gets too far in." Dean said. I nodded, it sounded like a good idea. Plus, in the time y/n and I spent together, we haven't been very happy.

  "I'll text her and explain, then I'll leave to give her a few days to cool off." I told Dean, to which he agreed.

~Your POV~

   You approached the building, sighing before opening the door. The smell of alcohol and cheap perfume hit your nose, and you walked in. You sat down on a stool, waving the bartender over.

   "What can I get you?" She asked, cleaning out a glass.

   "Let me get a glass of whiskey please." You ordered, and she nodded. Looking around the bar, your eyes stopped on a familiar face. You got up and walked over to a dark booth.

   "Sam, what are you doing?" You asked as he downed yet another shot. He looked up at you, smiling and swaying a little. 

  "Hey Y/n." He slurred, "Care to join me for a shot?" He gestured to the several shot glasses on the table in front of him. You sighed. It was a tempting offer, but you needed to get him back to Dean before he drank himself to death. 

  "Come on Sam, I'm taking you back to the hotel." You said, grabbing his arm and wrapping it around your shoulders. Al his weight was leaned against you and you grunted as you tried to get to the door. Finally stepping out into the cold night, you started slowly walking down the rad. Even thought it was probably only 45 degrees, sweat prickled on your forehead. 

   "You wanna know why I was in the bar?" Sam asked, his face turned towards the sky as if he were counting the stars. 

  "Sure Sam, why were you in the bar? And drinking so much?" You asked, shifting Sam's arm a little. 

  "Because I love you, but you're with Cas. And I hate myself for never telling you how I felt while I had the chance." He said, and you were so shocked that you dropped Sam flat on his ass. 

   "What?" You breathed out. You felt devastated and exhilarated at the same time. You loved Cas, but not in the way you wanted to. And Sam had always had your heart, as much as you hated it. Sam stood up and brushed his pants off. 

   "I love you y/n, I love you so much it hurts. I love your eyes and your smile, I love that little scar on your hand from when you fell in the shower. I love the way you always make me soup when I'm sick, and secretly give Dean whiskey when I tell him no more. I love you." He said, suddenly very sober. Your phone buzzed, and you told Sam to wait while you pulled it out. It was a text from Cas: 

Y/n, I hate to do this but I don't think either of us were happy. I'm ending this relationship, and I'll be gone a few days to let you adjust. I just don't think it was meant to be. Please don't hate me. I'm sorry.

   You put your phone back in your packet, and turned your attention back to Sam. He was staring at you with hope in his eyes. Hope that you felt the same as he did. 

   "Cas just broke up with me." You breathed out, your face not portraying any emotion. Sam's face looked shocked, but the hope in his eyes increased. 

  "Oh, Y/n I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do?" He asked, and you didn't even think about it because you didn't want to. You didn't want to think of the consequences. 

  "Kiss me." 

   Sam looked at you in bewilderment, he couldn't believe his ears. "What?" He asked. 

  "Kiss me, Sam. Please. I don't know what will happen after, and I don't care. All I know is I want you to kiss me and I'm pretty sure you want to kiss me." You said so quickly your words were almost unintelligible. Sam walked over, placing a hand on each of your cheeks. He leaned down and softly pressed his lips to yours. The kiss tasted of alcohol, but you didn't care. Sam's hands intertwined themselves in your hair and you wrapped your arms around his neck. All of the cold was washed away from your body, and a feeling of bliss replaced it. Because, Sam was the one. He always was, and always will be, the one.