The Past

Sam X Reader 

Synopsis: You get sent back in time and get stuck, so you somehow get a video to Sam, Dean, and Cas telling them you are safe and happy. That isn't exactly true. 

You stared at Cas, knowing if you looked at Sam or even Dean you wouldn't be able to keep it together. You were going to be sent back in time, and there was a good chance you wouldn't make it back. Sam had volunteered to take your place, but it had to be you. 

"Are you ready y/n?" Cas asked, and you swallowed nervously before nodding. "Wait." Sam objected, and your eyes snapped up to look at his face. You wished you hadn't, he was using his puppy dog eyes. 

"Y/n, you don't have to do this. Let one of us go." Sam pleaded, and you sighed. You walked over to him, pulling him into a kiss. He pulled you close, letting out a shaky breath and kissing you back. You pulled away, blinking the tears out of your eyes. 

"It has to be me." You whispered, "Besides, there's still a chance I will come back." You added, with a chuckle. Sam nodded, giving a small smile. 

"I love you." You told him, lightly squeezing his hand. "I love you too." He replied, and you swore you saw tears pooling in his hazel eyes. You let Sam go and walked back over to Castiel. 

"Okay, I'm ready." You said, glancing over at Dean. He gave you an approving nod, and you smiled back. Cas walked forward, raising his hand towards your forehead. 

"Close your eyes." He ordered. You obliged. Suddenly it felt like you were spinning, and it just got faster and faster until- it stopped. You still didn't open your eyes for a couple minutes, scared that if you did you would regret it. Finally, you slowly pried them open. You were sitting on a park bench, the sun slowly setting behind the trees in front of you. You looked down, you were in clothes that definitely weren't from your generation. You looked around at everything because it was just so different.

"Excuse me miss, are you okay? You look a little lost." A man asked, walking up to the bench. You looked up at him, eyes widening. He was attractive. Not as attractive as Sam, Dean, or even Cas, but he was still nice to look at. 

"Oh, no I'm fine. Just taking it all in." You replied with a polite smile. He took his hat off and sat next to you, leaving space in between the both of you. 

"New to town, eh?" He asked, flashing his very white teeth. You smiled, smoothing down your skirt. 

"Yeah, just got here. I'm actually meeting someone." You explained, and you watched as the guy's face fell a little bit. He quickly masked it with another smile. 

"Who is it? Maybe I know him." He said, and you giggled. "Not a him, a her. My friend. Her name is Marianne Ginley." You explained, and he lit up again. 

"Marianne? I know her, she runs the bakery just down there." He replied, and you turned to look where he was pointing. 

"Thank you." You said, turning back to him and placing your hand on top of his. It felt wrong, you were so used to Sam's hands.

"Anytime, dollface." He said, lifting your hand to his lips and pressing a kiss to it. You went bright red, trying to hide it by smiling. 

"I better get going, I don't want to keep Marianne waiting." You said, standing up from the bench. The guy also stood up, nodding. 

"Alright, until we meet again." He said, bending down in a bow. You grinned and curtsied back before turning on your heel and heading to the bakery. You knew you were in the right place when you suddenly smelled the most delicious pastries you had ever felt. You followed the smell to a small building smooshed in between two monstrous towers. You walked in, a bell above the door jingling as you did so. The smell increased and your stomach growled. 

"Welcome to Marianne's, what can I get you?" A woman behind the counter asked, and you reached into your small bag you had. Relieved, you pulled out some money and looked up at the menu. 

"Can I get three scones and a cookie please?" You asked, and the woman nodded before going to get your food. You looked around the shop, smiling at the feeling it gave off. The woman came back with a bag, and you took it from her before handing her the money. 

"Can I also talk to Marianne? It's kind of important." You said, and the woman looked up. There was a surprised look on her face. 

"I'm Marianne. What do you need?" She asked, leaning forward against the counter. You leaned forward, you had to make sure there was no one around here to hear. 

"My name is y/n y/l/n, I'm a hunter from the 21st century. I'm here to help you kill the monster that has been plaguing this town." You muttered. The woman's eyes widened before she grabbed your arm and pulled you into the back of the store. 

"How do I know you're telling the truth?" She asked, turning to you and crossing her arms over her chest and raising an eyebrow. You sighed and reached into your bag, taking out your cellphone that you knew wouldn't work here. You turned on the lock screen, which showed a picture of you and Sam. It tugged at your heart strings, seeing him, and you sniffed back tears. 

"Alright, fine. I believe you." She said, giving you a weird look for your sudden show of emotion. "Let's go send a message to your loved ones showing that you're safe." She said, turning around and leading you farther into the back. 

~Sam's POV~ 

It had been a week since y/n had gone back in time, and Cas still said he had no way to go back and get her. I sorted through a bunch of stuff, what I did when I tried to keep my mind off something, when I saw a roll of film that had my name on it. 

'Watch this. -Y/n.' Was written under my name. I grabbed it and rushed into the library, where Dean and Cas were sitting. 

"Guys! Y/n left us a video!" I exclaimed, and my words sent everyone into work. Dean went to get the thing that played the film and Cas set it up. We put the video in, sitting down and getting ready to watch it. Y/n appeared, looking beautiful in the old clothes. I couldn't help but smile. 

"Hey guys, I don't even know if you got this message but it's worth a try. I made it here safely, and I'm with Marianne now. So you don't have to worry. It's really nice here, very historic. You'd love it Sam." She paused, and her eyes filled with tears even though she smiled, "I miss you guys, and I've only been gone an hour. I know I'm not able to come back, so I guess this is the last you'll hear from me." The tears started falling from her eyes at this part, "Cas, you are an amazing Angel and the funniest person I know, no offense Dean. And Dean? You're the best friend I've ever had. Take care of Sam, okay?" I looked over at Cas and Dean, who both looked sad by y/n's words. I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked back at the screen. 

"And Sam, oh Sam. I will miss you the most. You will always be the love of my life, even though you won't be alive for another forty years or something like that. I love you, and I know you were going to propose. I saw the ring a couple weeks ago, but I wanted you to ask me so I didn't tell you. I have to go soon, just-" She sighed, "Take care of each other. I'll miss you. Love you guys." She said, and she waved before the film ended. The three of us sat in silence, soaking in y/n's words. It wouldn't be the same without her, she had changed us for the better.