Autumn Colors Part Three

You crept into the building, remembering Sam and Dean's plan and knowing exactly how they entered the building and where they would go once they were in. It wouldn't be hard to catch up to them. You walked in, clutching your machete and looking around for any sign of the hunters or the vamp. 

 You heard hushed whispering and walked forward, seeing Sam and Dean talking in a dark corner of the room. You walked up and tapped Sam's shoulder, almost getting beheaded as he turn around and swung the machete. 

"What the hell are you doing here y/n? I locked you in the car!" Sam hissed angrily. You rolled your eyes, but your heart beat faster at being in such close proximity to Sam. 

"You honestly think I wouldn't know how to get myself out of there?" You hissed back, "Besides, I can take care of myself, and there's no way this vampire is dying without me being a part of it." You felt Sam's breath brush across your face, and despite trying to fight it, you shivered. 

"Fine. But you stay behind me and Dean at all times. Do you understand?" He asked, and you nodded. Truthfully, you almost wished you had stayed in the car. Almost.

"Alright, the vamp is in this room right here, and he has a hostage. We need to be careful." Sam said, and you and Dean listened intently. The three of you made up a plan, and after a little arguing, you went in. 

Dean went in first, distracting the vampire from his victim while Sam untied her and got her to safety. Dean would stick the vampire with dead man's blood and you would be the one to chop his awful head off. The vampire lunged at Dean, fangs bared and ready to sink into skin, but once the syringe was emptied into the vamp's neck, he gasped and fell to the floor as the poison spread through him.

Sam untied the victim and pulled her up into his arms, telling her that it would be okay and that she was safe now. You walked out, swinging your machete almost cockily. Smirking, you crouched down next to the vampire, grabbing his hair and forcing him to look at you.

"This is for my family, you son of a bitch." You spat, before standing up and swinging the machete down with a sickening squelch and the spray of blood. But, the vampire was dead. With panting breaths, you realized, it was over. 

Once you had dropped the hostage off at the hospital, the three of you returned back to Sam and Dean's hotel room to celebrate. You all sat down, beers in your hands and smiles on your faces. 

"So, y/n, how does it feel? After all this time, it's finally done." Dean said, before raising the bottle to his lip sand taking a sip. You chuckled. 

"Honestly, I feel good. That was like a high. And I finally know that he can't hurt anyone else. No one else is going to end up like me because of him. It's an amazing feeling." You said, and Sam and Dean grunted in agreement. Then you thought something. Sam and Dean did this for a living. They got to feel this way every time they saved someone and killed a monster, and you wanted to feel that too. 

"Uh, Sam, can I talk to you for a second please? Outside?" You asked, and Sam nodded before setting his beer bottle down. The two of you walked outside, walking down the road a bit so Dean couldn't eavesdrop. 

"What is it y/n? I'm starting to get worried." He said, and you chuckled before turning to him. You bit your lip, looking up at him through your thick lashes, trying to use charm to keep him from getting pissed at you. 

"Well, um, after this hunt I realized something. I want to be a hunter, Sam. I want to save people and kill monsters and I want to do all of that with you. I know it sounds stupid, but there's a part- a big part- of me that still loves you. I understand if you don't feel the same, it was so long ago. It's fine if we're not together as a couple, but I want to be a hunter, and I want you to teach me." You finished off, sending Sam into stunned silence. 

"Y/n, I um- I don't know what to say. I mean, I love you too, I just never thought you'd still feel the same. I left without even a goodbye in high school, I thought you'd hate me." He said, and you smiled at the words 'I love you'. 

"Well that's good I guess, but what about the hunting? I have nothing holding me here Sam, and I like the feeling I get when I hunt. I like it a lot." You said, almost begging him. You didn't know what you would do if he said no. There was no way you could just go back to your old life. 

"Y/n, hunting isn't a glamorous life. Sometimes it's really hard. You have to learn to live on takeout, and sleeping in cheep motels and sometimes not sleeping at all. There's a lot we'd have to teach you." Sam explained, and you sighed. 

"Sam, I don't care. I want to save people. I want to take out the darkness in the world." You took his hand at this part, looking down sheepishly, "I want to stay with you." You felt him squeeze your hand and you looked up. 

"Well who could say no to that?" He murmured, smiling, "You've got the job. Say goodbye to everything you knew and say hello to a whole new life." You squealed in delight, jumping up and kissing him. He chuckled, stumbling back a little but still maintaining the kiss. Your heart was pumping out of your chest and your head was spinning, but you couldn't have been happier.