Threads

Sam X Reader

Synopsis: Ever since you were little you could see something no one else could. Threads. Connecting one person to another. It took awhile to realize what it meant, to realize that it was showing you who belonged with who. After awhile, you got used to it. You lived life as normal, sometimes playing cupid for people who needed it, that was until the day you saw a thread connecting you to someone. And not just any someone. 

      You sipped your coffee, staring out the window of your apartment at the breathtaking view that you had fallen in love with the first time you'd seen it. You knew you had to get ready for work soon, but you liked the peace of your own home. The second you walked out the door you'd see the threads, see everyone who was meant to be together. Sometimes it was exhausting, especially when you'd never seen your own thread leading to someone. It hurt you a lot, realizing you probably didn't have someone you were destined to be with. 

  The idea of soulmates and true love had always fascinated you, and the fact that you could see everyone's soulmates but your own was like a dagger in your heart every time you stepped outside. Shaking your head, you pushed those thoughts out of your mind as you rinsed out your mug. Now was not the time to depress yourself. You walked back to your bedroom, getting dressed in your clothes for the day before brushing your teeth and doing your hair and makeup. Once you were all ready you grabbed your purse and walked out the door, preparing yourself. 

  By the time you got to work you already felt worse. Seeing so many threads, knowing they lead to the person's soulmate. You'd think it would make you happy, but after years of it was just annoying and hurtful. 

  "Hey Y/n! How was your weekend?" Your co-worker, Mark, asked as he washed the counter. You smiled, going and getting your apron on. 

  "It was good, I guess. A lot of takeout and Netflix, but good in the long run." You explained, and Mark chuckled. He continued his usual things he did before the cafe opened and you started doing your kitchen duties before the cooks got there. Mark's thread lead to one of the cooks, a bossy lady with no nonsense, and sometimes you felt bad for him. 

  Half an hour later, the cafe was open and the usual first customers came in for their breakfast. You served them, making friendly chat and giving them their food. You refilled coffee, took messed up orders back, and sometimes worked the cash register if the teenager that was supposed to run it got on their phone and zoned out. 

    "Hotties. Over at the booth." Your coworker and friend, *insert name here because I'm too lazy to think of one*, whispered to you. You, being the gullible person you are, instantly looked over to the booth. *insert name* was right, they were both really hot. But then you realized something, the thread leading from one of them? It lead right to you. This was the first time you had seen your thread, ever, and you had no idea it would scare you this much. 

   "I'll go get their orders." You muttered, your body moving before your brain could work through what was happening. By the time you realized what was happening, you were already standing at the table, both men looking at you. The one you didn't have a thread with was probably the sexiest person you'd ever seen, with his bright green eyes, plump lips and sharp jawline. The one you were connected to, however, made your heart beat in a weird way. His mahogany chestnut hair fell past his strong jawline, his soft pink lips turned up in a small smile, and his eyes a beautiful blue-green. You didn't know how long you were staring at him, but it must have been long enough to be awkward because the guy with the bright green eyes cleared his throat very loudly. 

  "Sorry, I just- you remind me of someone." You lied, looking away as you felt heat rise to your cheeks, "Anyways, what can I get you two?" You asked, smiling. The two told you their orders, and you jotted it down before muttering something about being back in a few minutes and walking back to the counter where *insert name* was waiting anxiously. 

  "Well?" She asked, and you took a deep breath, trying to clear your thoughts. "Um, they both seem nice, I guess. I mean, I wasn't really paying attention but- yeah." You said, hoping she would believe you. She nodded, going back to her work, and you let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. Shaking your head, you went back to work. 

~Sam's POV~ 

    "Well Sammy, I think it's safe to say our waitress has the hots for you." Dean smirked, leaning back after our waitress walked off. I watched her go, shaking my head before looking at my brother. 

  "Her name is Y/n, and no, it's more than that. It's like- we know each other. There's something oddly familiar about her, as if I knew her from another life or something." I said, furrowing my brows. Dean stared at me, almost as if I were crazy. 

  "Um, okay." He muttered, sitting straight up. I looked back at the waitress, watching as she talked with another waitress before both returned to their work. I had to find out why I felt like I knew that girl. 

~Your POV~ 

     By the end of the day, you had never felt more tired, probably a mix of all the working today and finding the person you were meant to be with. It was draining, and you wanted nothing more than to go home and eat some leftover pizza while bingeing your favorite show. You locked up the cafe, being the last one there, before taking off your apron and walking out to your car. What you didn't expect was to see the man you were connected to leaning against your car. 

  "Hey, what are you doing here?" You asked, trying not to show how actually nervous you were. He stood up from your car, shoving his hands in his pockets and smiling kindly. 

  "I want to figure out why I feel like I know you." He said simply, and your breath caught in your throat. He had felt that too? Did everyone who was connected feel that when they saw their other half? 

  "Um, I don't know." You shrugged, looking down at your feet. You heard the shuffling of footsteps, and a part of you hoped he had just walked away, but when you looked up he was closer than before. As if you needed to be more nervous. 

  "Really? You don't have any idea?" He asked, raising an eyebrow playfully. You cleared your throat, trying to figure out what to say without making a fool of yourself. At the last second, you sighed and looked back down at your shoes. 

  "You wouldn't believe me." You said, your voice barely above a whisper. The guy grabbed your hand, forcing you to look up in shock at the sudden contact. He was smiling kindly, eyes twinkling. 

 "Try me." He replied. You sighed again, nodding. You decided you could trust him, considering you two were meant to be together. "Ever since I could remember I've been able to see threads that connect one person to another. I found out it's showing me who belongs with who, like soulmates. I've never seen my own thread before, not until today. And- and my thread connects me to you." You said, almost too quick to understand. 

  The man was silent, it was probably only a few seconds but it felt like years. You mentally scolded yourself, thinking how he thought you were a freak and how you scared off probably the only chance you had at loved. But then he spoke. 

 "So, we're soulmates?" He asked, and you nodded. You looked up at him, expecting to see the look of 'you're freaking crazy' but instead his face was filled with genuine interest. 

 "Well, nice to meet you Y/n. My name is Sam Winchester, and your life is about to get a whole lot different." He said.