Ice Skating

Dean X Reader 

Synopsis: You and Dean are driving home from going on a supply run when you demand that he takes a stop at the ice rink. You two are skating and having fun when Dean tells you some bad news. 

    You look out the window at the passing buildings, when one catches your eye. You sat up and turned to Dean. 

  "Dean, if you love me at all you will pull into that parking lot." You said, pointing to the ice rink. He groaned but did as he was told. You hop out of the car, yelling at Dean to 'hurry his cute ass up.' He chuckles and follows you in. 

  "Alright, let'd do this." You say, handing him a pair of skates. The two of you put them on then he helps you onto the rink. You hold hands and skate around, you laughing as Dean falls for the third time. 

  "This is harder than you make it look." He says, and you help him up. You spin around on the ice, Dean watching your every move. 

  "Come on!" You giggle, skating faster around the rink. Dean rolls his eyes but follows. You skate over to him, pulling him into a hug. 

  "Thank you so much for doing this." You whispered, and he nodded before kissing the top of your head. You start skating again, missing the dark expression on Dean's face as he skates after you.

  "I used to skate all the time when I was a kid, my mom loved to watch me on the ice." You told Dean. He nodded, and you cocked your head to the side.

   "Are you okay?" You ask, skating a little back and forth to keep moving. Dean clenched his jaw, before grabbing your arm and pulling you closer. 

  "I have something to tell you, and you aren't going to like it." Dean said, and you nodded, suddenly scared for his reply. 

  "Actually, can I tell you outside? Then after, if you still feel up to it we can come back in and skate some more." Dean said. 

  "Yeah, that's fine I guess." You replied, skating off of the rink and heading for the door.

  "Excuse me, you can't take the ice skates outside." The teenage boy at the front desk called to you, but you ignored him an d sat on a bench just outside the building. Dean sat next to you and you waited for him to tell you what he needed to tell you. 

  "Y/n, do you remember a few weeks ago when Sam disappeared in that diner and I made you stay back while I went to find him?" Dean asked.

  "Yeah, I do. Sam came back and told me he had gotten stabbed in the back but you fixed him up." You replied, getting nervous. 

  "Well, when he got stabbed he actually died." Dean explained, and you shook your head before laughing. 

  "No, that's impossible. Quit messing with me." You giggled, hitting his arm playfully. But his face was filled with so much seriousness that you shut up. 

  "I'm not joking, he died. I was a mess. And I- I did something to get him back." Dean said, running a hand through his hair. 

  "Dean." You warned, your mind immediately going to the worst possibilities. Dean sighed and looked up at you. "I sold my soul." He muttered. You gasped, tears springing to your eyes. 

  "How long do you have?" You asked, looking straight ahead instead of at the man next to you. 

  "She gave me a year." Dean muttered, and you shot up. Your whole body was shaking with anger. 

  "How could you? Look I get that you love your brother and you can't live without him, but what about me? I can't live without you. What am I supposed to do now that I know I only have a year with the man I love?" You yelled. Dean stood up, just as the teenage boy from the ice rink came out. 

  "You can't take your ice skates outside." He said, and you took yours off and threw them at the ground by his feet. 

  "Take the damn ice skates and leave." You growled, and he got Dean's and practically ran inside. 

  "Y/n, I know you're upset. But I had to do it. Sam was dead." Dean tried to calm you down, but you were furious. 

  "Dean!" You yelled, "I understand that, but now in a year from now you'll be gone and I will be alone." You explained. Dean sighed and pulled you into his arms, but you didn't hug back. 

  "I know this will be hard, but you'll get over it. I promise you, you will one day feel better." Dean said, rubbing soothing circles on your back. You clutched fistfulls of his jacket and cried into the soft fabric. 

  "I don't want to lose you." You sobbed, feeling very weak. Dean sat you down on the bench, pulling you closer. 

   "Let's go get our shoes, and go back to the hotel. We will make this year worth it and when it's over you will live your life and forget all about Dean Winchester." Dean murmured into your hair. 

   "Okay, but I could never forget Dean Winchester. He's too important to me." You said, standing up and helping Dean up. Although this new news made your heart hurt, you were thankful you still had this time with Dean. Which meant you had time to figure out how to save him.