Law

Sam X Reader

Synopsis: AU where Sam is a lawyer and you are representing the person going against his client.

   You looked at yourself in the mirror, smoothing out your pencil skirt. Even after years of doing this, you still got nervous with every case.

   "Y/n, time to go." Your assistant said. You nodded and grabbed your notes. You walked into the courtroom and sat down next to Ally Penderson, who was suing a pill company because her daughter had died an hour after taking one of the pills.

  "Are you ready? Remember to show how this hurt you." You whispered to her. She nodded as the judge called the court to order.

  "Please begin." She said, gesturing to the other lawyer. You looked over, instantly startled by how attractive he was. He had brown hair that fell past his jawline, strong arms that bulged against his suit coat, and he was very tall. And this was only what you could see from the profile.

   "Your honor, my client states that the pills were not the cause of Skylar Penderson's death. The pills have been tested and no one has had any dangerous symptoms." He said, and his voice was just as sexy. You shook yourself back to reality, with was the opposing council.

  "Council, do you have anything to say?" The judge asked, looking at you.

   "Yes actually, I have a file record here that states that there have been at least three other cases where people have taken the pills and ended up in the hospital. One ended up passimg away." You said.

  "I object!" The other lawyer exclaimed.

  "Fine. Withdrawn, may I have the head of the company, Mr. Handley, please come up to the stand." You requested, looking at the man next to the handsome lawyer. Mr. Handley went and sat down next to the judge.

   "Mr. Handley, is it true that there is a substance in the pill that can be harmful to some people?" You asked, walking up to him.

  "Yes." He replied, looking calm in his chair. You wanted to bash his teeth in.

   "And is it true that you never told this fact to the public?" Was your next question.

   "Yes." He said once again, finally getting squirmish.

  "Nothing furthur." You finished, going and sitting next to Ally.

   "Mr. Handley, is it true that that substance is very good for some immune symptoms?" The lawyer asked, walking to his client.

   "Yes." He said, and you held your tongue.

  "And you didn't know that the substance could be so harmful for some people until recently?" Mr. Handley nodded.

  "Nothing furthur." The lawyer said, smugness evident on his face.

  "Court is adjourned for today." The judge said, and with a bang of the gavel everyone began leaving.

   "Don't worry Ally, we will win this. I promise." You whispered to her, and she smiled and nodded. 

  "Great job today, although you may need to tweak your strategies a bit." You turned to look at the lawyer.

  "Well, at least I'm not representing a selfish company man." You replied.

  "Hey, I don't pick who I represent." He said, raising his hands in mock surrender.

  "What's your name anyway?" You asked, grabbing all your papers.

   "Sam. Sam Winchester." He replied, and you couldn't help but think about how perfectly that fit him. "How about you?" He asked.

  "Y/n y/l/n." You replied, turning back to him and looking up to meet his face.

   "Well y/n, I'd wish you luck but that wouldn't be very good for me, would it?" And with that, he walked out of the room. You stood there, disoriented. No one had ever made you feel this way. But he was your opposition, and your clients came before everything. Sighing, you started heading back to your office.

   "How was it?" Your assistant, Tori, asked. You shrugged and sank into your chair. 

  "Oh my God. You have feelings for someone. Who is it? The judge? Someone from the jury? Mr. Handley?" She asked. Tori knew you too well.

   "The other lawyer. His name is Sam." You replied, grabbing a cookie from the hidden snacks in your desk.

  "Sam......Sam Winchester?" She questioned, sitting down.

   "Yeah, how did you know?" You asked.

   "I know his brother, Dean. He's a mechanic. He fixes up my car a lot." She replied.

  "Really. I didn't know he had a brother. But then again, I just met him today and I'm trying to sue his client." You said, finishing off the cookie.

   "I could have him talk to Sam if you want.." She said, and you shook your head.

  "Don't you dare." You warned, and Tori laughed. She told you goodbye before leaving the office.

~Two days later~

    You had just finished another court session with Sam and you were pretty sure it had ended up in your favor. Everyone left, except for you and Sam.

  "Wow, I was not expecting that." Sam said, leaning against the table.

   "Well what can I say? I'm good at what I do." You replied coldly.

   "And you're saying I'm not?" He asked.

   "If the shoe fits." You said, turning to face him.

   "It's not my fault that I have to pretend like I don't want to beat this guy's ass!" Sam exclaimed.

   "Then whose is it?" You replied, raising your voice.

    "Wow, you're insufferable." He yelled, running a hand through his hair.

   "Yeah well screw you too." You yelled back. He turned to you, glaring. Then his next statement shocked you.

   "I'm gonna kiss you now." Hw said, and you froze before getting a hold of yourself.

   "It's about time." You replied before grabbing his tie and pulling him down. Your lips met, and all the anger was gone. If there even was any to begin with. 

   You ended up winning the case, and you and Sam started your relationship together. Little did you know he would one day be your husband and the father of your two children.