Feelings

Dean X Reader

Requested by ginalaxx

Synopsis: You're Bobby's daughter, a very successful hunter, and best friends with the Angel Castiel. You get together with the Winchester brothers for a couple hunts, and you take an instant liking to the older of the brothers. 

    "Dad? I love you, but if you try to give me dating tips one more time I'll put a bullet through my brain." You said into the phone as you got into your car, throwing your duffel in the backseat. Your Dad's familiar chuckle came from the other end. 

   "Sorry, Baby, but I just know how much you like Dean and I'm just trying to help. He's a good kid. An idjit, but a good kid." Bobby explained. You blushed, starting your car. 

  "Just because I like him doesn't mean anything. He barely looks at me." You backed out of the parking lot and turned onto the road. 

   "I know from a reliable source that Dean is attracted to you, also." Said Cas, who had just appeared in your passenger seat. You jumped, dropping your phone and letting out a squeal. 

   "Jesus, Cas! You can't just keep popping up like that!" You exclaimed, trying to catch your breath. 

  "I apologize, Y/n. But I repeat what I said earlier, Dean is as attracted to you as you are to him." He said, and you reached down to grab your phone. 

  "Dad, I'm going to have to call you. My asshole Angel of a best friend just showed up." You ended the call and set your phone down, sighing. 

   "I'm not an asshole." Castiel said matter-of-factly. You cracked a smile, glancing at him. 

  "I know you're not, you just scared me." You paused, "Does Dean really like me?" 

  "No, he doesn't." 

You frowned. You should've known. 

  "He loves you, I believe." The words made every part of your body jolt, and you whipped your head to look at Cas. 

  "What?" You exclaimed, your emotions getting the best of you. Dean couldn't love you, it was impossible. You weren't even sure he knew your name. But Cas was Dean's best friend, just like he was yours, so maybe he knew things you didn't know. 

  "He talks on and on about you. Just like the way they do in the movies. He loves you, even if he doesn't know it himself yet." Cas confirmed. You sat back. You didn't know what you were supposed to do with this information. Here you were on your way to your Dad's where Sam and Dean would be, what would you do when you got there? What would you say? Your brain was going a million miles a minute, and you couldn't make sense of it. 

  Sighing, you drove faster. Your heart yearning to see Dean while your brain warned you, telling you that you weren't prepared to see him. But, your heart won out in the end. 

  By the time you arrived, you were on high alert as if you were walking into a dangerous hunt. You walked into the house you grew up in, Cas following along, and the instant feeling of home caressed you. 

  "Dad?" You called, smiling as the grouchy-looking man appeared in your line of sight. But his grouchiness disappeared when he saw you, and he hurried over to hug you. 

  "You said you would call me back! I got so worried!" He exclaimed, and you let out a soft chuckle. You pulled away, smiling at him. 

   "Sorry, I forgot. But I'm okay, Dad. See?" You gestured to yourself, and you saw some of his worry disappear. He shook his head, kissing your cheek, and going to finish dinner. 

  "Is that Y/n I hear?" Sam appeared, smiling widely. You grinned, spreading your arms as he walked over. While you and Dean's relationship was undetermined, you and Sam were extremely close. He picked you up, hugging you and twirling you around. You giggled, hugging back. 

  "I missed you." You said as he set you down. He smiled, shaking his head. "I missed you too, Y/n. You need to do more hunts with us." He said, and you nodded in agreement. 

   "Y/n?" Sam moved to talk to Cas, showing Dean, who cracked a small smile when he saw you. Your heart skipped a beat, and you chewed on your lip as you looked at Dean. 

   "Hey, Dean." You said quietly, smiling. He walked over, pulling you into a quick embrace that made you yearn for more when he pulled away. 

   "It's good to see you, kiddo." He said, and you almost frowned. You hated that nickname. It made you feel like he saw you as a little kid and not someone he could be in a relationship with. 

   "Good to see you, too." The two of you smiled at each other for a second more before your Dad called you all in for dinner, breaking the awkward tension. The four of you walked into the kitchen, you sitting down next to Sam and across from Dean, who sat next to your Cas while your Dad sat at the. 

   "It smells great, Dad." You said, inhaling the delicious smell of Bobby Singer's cooking. Your Dad smiled at your comment before digging in and relishing in the fact that this was something other than road food, and it was amazing. 

   About halfway through, your Dad decided to be 'helpful.' "So Dean, " He began, "I was thinking, maybe you and Y/n should go out. Try a relationship. She does like you." 

  You dropped your fork, staring at him. You couldn't believe he said that. You loved the man, but sometimes he didn't think before he spoke. 

  "Excuse me." You said, your face as red as a tomato. You stood up, "I'm not hungry anymore." You walked out of the kitchen, hearing both your Dad and Sam try to get you to stay. But you didn't listen, you walked right out of the house and over to your car. You leaned against the side, covering your face with your hands and trying not to cry. 

   There goes your friendship with Dean. You were positive he didn't even want to know you anymore, let alone be hunting partners. Sighing, you squeezed your eyes shut, your brain thinking all the things that made you feel like shit. 

   "Y/n?" You froze. You knew that voice. You didn't want to look at him right now, let alone talk to him. So you didn't answer. 

  "Y/n, please look at me." Dean tried again, and you reluctantly put your hands down and met his eyes. He smiled. 

  "Did you come out here to make fun of me? The girl who has a crush on the badass hunter that barely even notices her?" You asked, crossing your arms over your chest. 

  "No. God, no. Y/n, I came out here to do this." He walked over, grabbing your hands and wrapping them around his neck. You raised an eyebrow, but then he grabbed your waist and you let out a little gasp. He leaned down, gently pressing his lips against yours. This was actually happening. Dean was kissing you. Actually kissing you. You kissed back, threading your fingers in the tiny hairs on the back of Dean's neck. The two of you pulled away, breathless. 

  "Can we do that again?" Was all you could say. Dean laughed, shaking his head. 

  "Yeah, I think that can be arranged." He replied, and you giggled as he kissed you once again.