Autumn Colors

A/n: For those of you who read my last one shot and said they wanted it in a story, it's published. So just go to my page and read. *wink*

Sam X Reader 

Synopsis: You and Sam were high school sweethearts, until he moved away without an explanation. Now, it's years later, yet a part of you still loves him. You're a photographer, one day in Central Park taking pictures of the people with the Fall colors, when one man piques your interest. Sam. 

You sat down on a bench, looking up at all the brightly colored leaves on the trees. Fall was your favorite season, and there were so many photo opportunities. You saw a couple holding hands as they walked, and raised your camera to take a candid of the sweet moment. That was what you were here for after all. Sipping your coffee, you looked for more moments to take photos of. Kids playing in the leaves. Click. A woman raising her baby above her head and cooing to her. Click. A teenage girl hanging posters up. Click. 

You had begun to walk around, trying to find more moments. That's when you spotted him. He was sitting on a bench, looking down at the book in his hands. His long legs were crossed, and he was gently wiggling his foot. His hair fell just past his jawline, a soft brown color. His biceps strained against the jacket he was wearing, and you couldn't help but realize he was really attractive, even though you couldn't see his face. You took a picture of him reading, not realizing you were so close that he'd be able to hear the shutter of the camera. He looked up from his book, and you froze. He was extremely handsome. He saw you standing there with your camera, and tilted his head at you. You gave him a small smile, not knowing what to do. 

Then he stood up, wow he was tall, and began to walk over to you. Your eyes widened, was he mad that you took a picture of him? You were shy, extremely shy, and had no idea what you would do if he was angry. 

"Did you just take a picture of me?" He asked as he approached, and his voice was as sexy as the rest of him. Your hands shook as you held onto your camera. 

"Um, yeah. Sorry. It's kinda my job actually. I'm a photographer, and I'm here to capture the beauty of nature and humanity becoming one." You said, your voice an octave higher than usual. The man smiled, chewing on his bottom lip a little. 

"Wow. Sounds interesting. Did I look good?" He asked, and you laughed. All fear gone, you actually felt pretty comfortable with this stranger that pulled you in with everything about him. You had a feeling his personality was just as beautiful. 

"Very." You replied, a smile tugging at your lips. You two stood in silence for a minute, just stuck in your own minds, then he spoke. 

"I'm Sam by the way." He said, and your stomach did a somersault. Could he be- no that was stupid. Sam was a common name, it was just a coincidence. You pushed down the fear that rose at the name. Still, you couldn't stop the erratic beating of your heart at the name. So, you decided to ask. 

"Sam? You wouldn't happen to be Sam Winchester now would you?" You asked, letting your camera fall to your side as you waited for him to answer. He raised his eyebrows in surprise, nodding. 

"Yeah, how did you know?" You bit your bottom lip. This was him. The boy you had fallen for in high school and the one that still had a hold on your heart. 

"Because it's me. Y/n, Y/n Y/l/n. From high school." You said, and instantly Sam's face lit up. He pulled you into a hug. 

"Y/n! How have you been? It's been so long!" He exclaimed, but you were still trying to get over the shock that he was here. And now he was touching you. 

"I'm good. Life is good. How about you?" You asked as he pulled away. He smiled, "Life has been crazy. But hey, I'm still here." He said, and you let out a soft laugh. 

"So, do you want to go get some coffee or something, catch up?" Sam asked, and you nodded. You weren't ready to part with him just yet. 

"Yeah, that'd be nice. I know a good cafe just down the street. Let's go." You said, turning on your heel towards your favorite cafe. Sam followed. When the two of you arrived, you sat at a table, not needing to look at a menu to know what you wanted. 

"So, do you have a husband? Kids?" Sam asked, and it was almost awkward. You shook your head. "Nope, I'm alone. What about you?" You asked. 

"Same here." Sam said, giving a small smile which you returned. "So what are you doing in New York?" You asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"I'm here for a vacation. With my brother." He said, but you knew why he was actually here. It was the reason you felt fear when you heard the name. 

"You sure you're not here about the strange deaths? Because I'm not a hunter and even I knew it was the work of a vamp." You said, and Sam's eyes widened. He obviously didn't remember. 

"In high school, you told me what your family does. You told me what's really out there. And you gave me this." You explained, showing him the necklace with a little bottle of holy water that you never took off. 

"I forgot I told you." Sam said sheepishly, "But yeah, that's why we're here. To kill the monster." You nodded. You had been right. Sam's phone buzzed, and he looked at it before frowning. 

"I gotta go." He said, looking up, "My brother needs me." You nodded, trying not to show how discouraged you were. But then Sam grabbed a napkin and pen. 

"Here's my number, maybe after this case we can meet up and actually catch up." He said, and you nodded, a smile on your lips. He said goodbye before getting up and walking out of the cafe. You watched him go, confused by why his appearance had brought up so many feelings. 

To be continued.....