Dinner

Dean X Reader: 

Synopsis: You bring your boyfriend to meet your best friends for the first time (The Winchesters) But things go a little off course when Dean gets very jealous. 

    "Alright, now these are the Winchesters. They happen to be very hard to get along with sometimes, but I love them a lot. It'll be fine." You told your boyfriend, grabbing his hand. He nodded, leaning down to kiss your hairline. 

   "They're just two guys, what should I be scared of?" He asked, a smirk. You chuckled and opened the door to the bunker. 

   "Sam? Dean?" You yelled, and both of them ran in with their guns at the ready. They looked around for the danger. 

   "What? What is it?" Sam demanded, and you bent at the waist, the laughter taking over you. 

 "Guys, everything is fine. I just wasnted you guys to meet someone." You explained, pushing your boyfriend forward. 

   "This is Grayson, my boyfriend." You explained, and the Winchesters put their guns back into their waistband. 

   "Well, he's not fake. It's nice to meet you, y/n talks about you a lot. I'm Sam." Sam said, coming forward and holding out his hand. Grayson shook it. 

   "Nice to meet you too." Grayson replied. Dean stayed silent, a clouded expression in his bright green eyes. 

  "I invited him over for dinner. I'm making it, so we can eat something other than takeout this time." You joked. Sam and Grayson chuckled. 

    "I'm going to go start cooking, you guys stay and bond." You demanded, before turning around and walking into the kitchen. Half an hour later, you walked out with pot roast, potatoes, carrots, and rolls. 

   "So, Dean. What do you like to do when you're not hunting?" Grayson asked, sitting next to Sam. Grayson and Sam seemed to be getting along very well. 

   "Stuff." Was all Dean said, he put his feet up on the table before taking a sip of his beer. 

  "Just because we have a guest doesn't mean you have to be rude." You commented, pushing his legs off the table. He grunted in response. 

    "Grayson, you're a hunter. How did you start?" Sam asked. You tensed up, this was a touchy subject for Grayson. 

  "Umm, actually-" Grayson cleared his throat, "My little sister was taken by a pack of vampires. She was about four." He explained. 

  "Oh, Grayson I'm so sorry." Sam commented. You walked over to Grayson and kissed his cheek, both of you missing the look Dean gave him. 

  "It's okay, I've gotten used to the fact that she is gone." Grayson commented. Dean sat up. 

   "Well, I guess that's all you can do considering you obviously couldn't save her." Dean muttered. 

  "Dean!" You exclaimed. You slammed down the pan, causing Dean's gaze to flick up to you. 

  "Library. Now." You growled, grabbing his arm and pulling him out of the room. He stumbled back when you let go, stumbling back. 

   "What the hell was that?" You hissed, walking up to him. He smelled strongly of alcohol, and you sighed. 

  "What? It's true. He probably couldn't save his sister, how is he supposed to protect you?" Dean replied. You looked down at the floor, letting a small chuckle slip out. 

  "You think this is funny?" Dean asked. You looked up, biting your lip while unsuccessfully hiding a smile. 

   "Dean, you're jealous aren't you?" You asked, and Dean blinked at you. 

   "What? No. Of course not. I'm just worried, that's all." He replied, not meeting your gaze. You backed away from Dean, wanting to cry and laugh at the same time. The man you've loved for years finally shows that he likes you when you are taken. Sounds exactly like Dean. 

   "Of course, you finally show you like me when I'm taken." You mumbled, but apparently Dean heard you. 

   "I know, a real dick move on my part eh?" He asked, and you couldn't help but laugh. 

  "Answer me this, do you like me because I'm unavailable or is there something more?" You asked, turning to Dean. 

   "I- well... This is kind of embarassing. I liked you ever since you saved me from that wendigo." Dean murmured and you laughed. 

  "Really?" You asked. You and Dean had gone on a hunt without Sam, and the wendigo cornered Dean when suddenly you came swoopign in like Batman and saved his ass. 

   "Yeah, and when did you like me?" He asked, that shit-eating grin back on his face. You couldn't believe this. Here you were confessing your feelings, while your boyfriend and your best friend bonded over beer in the other room. 

  "It had to be when you dressed in that tux that one time several years back. With... Bela was it?" You asked, and Dean nodded in rememberance. 

   "So what do we do now?" Dean asked, and you shrugged before slumping down into a nearby chair. 

   "That's a choice you guys won't have to make." Grayson said, walking in. You instantly shot up, blushing crimson. 

   "Grayson! I-I can explain." You started, but he held up his hand to silence you. Then he smiled that warm smile of his. 

   "No need, Y/n. I understand. Dean has always been the one for you, and Y/n is the one for you, Dean." Grayson explained. 

   "Grayson, you don't have to do this." Dean said, walking closer. Grayson smiled and shook his head. 

   "You guys belong together. And I'm leaving, I'm going to do some hunts." Grayson said. Then he kissed your cheek and left. 

   "Y/n, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." Dean said, and you turned around. 

  "No it's not Dean. It's both of our faults. We couldn't hide our true feelings." You replied, wrapping your arms around his waist and pressing your head against his chest. He wrapped his arms around you, resting his chin on your head. 

   "Can I ask you something?" You asked, and you felt Dean nod his head. 

  "Why me?" You questioned, looking up at him. He sighed and tucked a piece of your hair behind your ear. 

   "Why not you? You're brave, caring, funny, beautiful, smart. Too good to be with a broken man like me." He said, his smile fading at that last part. 

  "Hey we're all a little broken. You fix me, I'll fix you. Deal?" You asked. 

   "Deal." Dean replied. You stood on your tiptoes to reach his lips, and he bent down. Finally your lips met, and for the first time you didn't have to worry about 'what if'.