Autumn Colors Part Two

You went back to your apartment, walking over to the wall that had all the information about the vampire you were tracking. The one that Sam was here to hunt. This vampire had killed your whole family while you were at a sleepover, and you had been tracking it for years. 

You gazed at all the research you had, trying to let it all connect in your brain. But of course, you weren't a hunter, so you had no idea what you were looking for. Sam's number on the napkin screamed at you, and you sighed. You should ask him to help you hunt it. Walking over, you grabbed the napkin and pulled out your phone, dialing his number. You held it to your ear as it started ringing, waiting for him to answer. 

"Hello?" Came his voice, and you couldn't help but smile. Damn, you were still in love with him. Even after all this time. 

"Hey Sam, it's y/n." You replied. You heard a voice on the other end, not Sam's, asking who was on the phone. That must be Dean, his brother. You held back a laugh as Sam told him to shut up. 

"Hey y/n, what's up?" Sam asked. You chewed on your lip, wondering how you could say this in a way that Sam wouldn't freak out. 

"Umm, well, remember that vamp you're hunting? I'm hunting it too. I have been for years. I was thinking maybe we could help each other out." You said, and there was a few moments of silence. 

"What?! Y/n, are you insane? What are you thinking, hunting?" Sam exclaimed, and you flinched. 

"Sam, this vamp killed my whole family! It's the only thing I've ever hunted, and I need your help so we can make sure it doesn't hurt anyone every again!" You said. Sam was silent again. 

"Oh. Y/n, I'm sorry. I- I didn't know. Do you want us to come over so we can do some research?" Sam asked, and you sighed. 

"Yes please." You said quietly. 

"Alright, text me the address. We're on our way." Sam said, and then the call ended. You texted him your address before setting the phone down. It was only about five minutes later that there was a knock on your door. You opened it, revealing Sam, and who must be Dean. 

"Hey." Sam said. "Hey." You replied, moving out of the way so him and his brother could walk into the room. They saw the wall, and Dean instantly walked over. 

"Wow, Sammy. You really know how to pick 'em. This is really good tracking." Dean commented, and you blushed. Sam shook his head at his brother, turning to you. 

"Listen, y/n, I know how it feels to want to get revenge. Believe me, I know. I just think you need to keep a clear head. Think of it as just a hunt, not the thing that destroyed your family. It will help you not get hurt." Sam said, and you nodded. You've had years to adjust, so you were good on the clear-headed thing. Or so you thought. 

"I know, Sam. It's been so long. It's not as much about revenge as stopping it from hurting others." You explained, and Sam nodded. You walked over to Dean, who was gazing at everything you had collected on the vampire over the years. 

"You know, you'd be a damn good hunter." Dean commented and you smiled. "Thank you." You told him, and he nodded. The next few hours you went over all the information, and you guys were sure you knew where the vampire was holed up. It was like a weight lifted off your chest, you'd finally be able to finish this. 

The three of you drove to the place, you took your car, and you took the keys out of the ignition. "Alright, here we are." You said, turning to Sam who was in the passenger seat. 

"Y/n, I'm really sorry about this." Sam said, before grabbing your hand and handcuffing you to the steering wheel. 

"Sam, don't do this. I've been hunting this vampire for years. Please." You begged, and sympathy filled Sam's face. But then he shook his head. 

"I can't risk you getting hurt. I care too much." Sam said, and his words stirred something inside of you. But your desperation to get out, to kill the thing that destroyed your life, overpowered it. You strained your wrist against the handcuff as Sam and Dean opened their doors and got out. 

"Sam. Dean. Please! Don't do this!" You begged, desperation causing your whole body to shake. You spent years, years, tracking this thing. And now you wouldn't even be able to see its demise.

"I'm sorry y/n, but it's for the best." Sam said, and with that, the two of them were gone. You let out an angry scream, using your free hand to hit the dashboard. Once you knew the boys were long gone, you pulled the pin out of your hair and unlocked the handcuff. Your brother had taught you a thing or two, for safety reasons. 

When you finally got out, you grabbed your machete from the back and headed in. There was no way this vampire was going to die without you being a part of it.