Choices

Dean X Reader 

Synopsis: You, Sam, and Dean get caught by demons and they force Dean to choose who dies, Sam or you. 

     You were asleep in the backseat, the drive to the location of the hunt was when you usually got your extra hours, so it was normal for you to be snoozing in the backseat. Sam, who was in the passenger seat, was also asleep. Dean must have been lonely because he turned the radio up so loud that both of you woke up. 

   "What the hell?" You exclaimed after shooting up so fast that you hit your head on the roof of the car. Dean howled in laughter, while you and Sam glared daggers at him. Sam reached over and turned the radio down, and you hit Dean in the back of the head. 

    "Ow!" He exclaimed, but he knew he deserved it. Waking you up was one way he knew would get you aggravated. 

   "I suggest you let your brother and girlfriend sleep, we're the ones that do the research after all." You snapped, laying back down. 

     "What she said." Sam replied, getting back into his sleeping position. You grabbed your blanket and pulled it over your body, sighing. 

   "Fine, but I just get really bored on these drives." Dean complained, but both you and Sam ignored him. So he stopped talking and quietly hummed along with the radio. It only took you a few minutes to fall asleep, and you didn't wake up until Dean gently shook you and said you were at the hotel. You and Sam immediately sat down at the small table, opening your laptops and doing research. Dean pressed a kiss to your temple before leaving to get food. 

   "So get this." Sam started, and you rolled your eyes, "Three people have gone missing, and there's no connection between the victims as far as I can see. So I was thinking demon possession." Sam explained, and you nodded. 

    "We can tell Dean when he gets back. Good work Sam." You said, smiling before looking back down at your laptop screen. A few minutes later, Dean came back in carrying a bag of food and a drink carrier. 

   "Alright nerds, laptops away. Time for food." Dean said, setting the food in the middle of the table before shutting your laptop. You jerked away, just in time to not get your fingers smashed. 

   "Sorry baby." Dean apologized, grabbing your hand and kissing your fingers. You smiled, your cheeks going slightly pink at the display of affection. Dean sat next to you, passing out everyone's food to them. 

    "So Sam was thinking it was demon possession, which makes sense." You said around a bite of food, and Dean nodded. 

   "We can go check it out tomorrow." Dean said, taking a sip of his drink. You and Sam nodded, caught up in your food. 

~The next day~ 

      "Definitely demon possession. That room reeked of sulfur." You said after checking out one of the missing persons' houses. You climbed into the back seat, straightening out your FBI skirt. Dean looked back, smirking as you pulled the skirt down a little bit. 

   "Quit being a perv." You teased, hitting his shoulder, to which he just laughed. He started up the car, driving down the road. 

   "So there's an abandoned warehouse outside of town, I'm thinking that's where the demons are hiding out." Sam explained, looking over at Dean. Dean nodded, tapping his fingers to the beat of the music. 

   "We should go tonight, finish off this case and head to the bar to celebrate." You said, earning an approving look from Dean. 

  "That's my girl." Dean said, and you laughed, "We'll go tonight. It should be easy. Just three demons." He added, and you and Sam agreed. Dean started to drive back to the hotel- for a few hours to chill and prepare. 

~Later that night~ 

     "You ready?" Dean asked, tucking the demon blade somewhere the demons wouldn't see but also easy enough for him to reach in a moment. You nodded, standing up from your place on the bed. 

  "Yup. Let's go." You said, following the boys out of the hotel and towards the Impala. Then you set off on the ten-minute drive to the place of your possible death. 

   "Alright, y/n you go in through the back, Sam you go through the side, I'll go in the front." Dean said, walking up to the property. You nodded, grabbing your blade and heading to the back. You opened the door, wincing as it creaked. When no one jumped out, you walked in. You heard a thud come from a room further in the house, so you followed it. Peeking through a crack in the wall, you saw that there weren't three demons- but over a dozen. And they had Sam and Dean. Stupidly, you burst into the room, and a demon grabbed you. 

   "You finally decided to join us, let's get this party started." Said a woman demon with skin as black as night. You scowled, this wasn't going to be good. 

   "The only way you all don't die is if Dean is compliant." She said, crouching down in front of Dean. He glared, clenching his jaw and staying silent. 

   "Here's what you've got." She said, standing up and coming over to you and Sam, who were next to each other, "You kill one of these beautiful people, and you and the other one walk free. Who'll it be? Your brother, or your girlfriend?" She asked, turning around to see the shock on Dean's face. 

   "What?" He choked out, truthfully all of you were shocked, you had never expected that to happen. She repeated it, saying he had to kill you or Sam. 

   "No!" Dean exclaimed, and you sighed, classic Dean. He would always sacrifice himself for the people he cared about. 

   "This isn't negotiable Dean. Either one of you dies- by your hands, or all three of you die. It's your choice." She said, and you took a deep breath. There was no way you would let Dean kill his brother. 

   "Dean, it's okay. Pick me, it's okay. I won't blame you. I'm not going to make you kill Sam. Pick me, it's okay." You said, and Dean looked at you with tears in his eyes. 

    "Y/n, no." Sam murmured to you, but you looked at him and shook your head. They were family, you wouldn't ruin that. 

   "Y/n, I can't." Dean said, one of the tears falling down his cheek. You started crying too, you hated to see him hurt. 

   "Dean, it's okay. You don't have to feel guilty. I want you to pick me." You said, giving Dean a pleading look. Reluctantly, he nodded. The demons let him go, handing him the knife he would have to stab through your chest. He stumbled over, and you fell into his arms, sobbing. 

    "I'm sorry baby. I don't want to, you know I don't." He blubbered, and you looked up. You caressed his cheek, wiping a tear with his thumb. 

   "It's okay, I forgive you. I love you, okay? There I said it. I love you, Dean Winchester." You said, and Dean gave a small smile. 

   "I love you too y/n." He said, before grabbing the blade and pointing it at your chest. You looked down, but he grabbed your chin. 

   "Look at me, okay? I love you. I love you so much." He kept repeating that, along with other things, and you didn't look away from his face. Suddenly there was a searing pain in your chest. You gasped before falling into his arms, your legs going numb. 

   "I forgive you." You whispered before your whole body went numb and you took your last breath. Dean didn't move, holding your body close and crying into your shoulder. 

   "I'm sorry y/n, I love you." He sobbed.