1: Frisk's Finally Back

It's been a year since I've talked to anyone from the underground. Ever since the barrier was broken by my brother, Ethan, we've been traveling together. I lost my laptop and I broke my phone so I haven't been able to contact anyone at all.

I've talked Ethan into going back to the neighborhood that all the monsters live in. It's been far too long and I really need to catch up with them.

Ethan got in touch with one of his friends and said that we'd be staying with him. His name is Anthony...I think. I don't know him at all but Ethan said he's cool so I trust him fully with it.

We been driving for an hour or two now and haven't talked that much. Occasionally a conversation will start but it ends very quickly. Ethan was never a very talkative person.

I've been listening to music through an earbud the entire ride just to keep myself from going insane because of silence.

"Hey, Frisk?" Ethan says, finally breaking the silence.

I pull out the earbud and turn to him. "What's up?"

"I want you to be careful."

"What do you mean?"

"Some humans probably still don't particularly like the monsters being on the surface. I just want you to keep an eye out for yourself and your friends."

I take a moment to think before saying anything. "So you're saying some humans want to...hurt the monster?"

"Maybe. They're just scared of them and fear can lead people to do some crazy shit. Just promise me you won't get into too much trouble."

"I...promise."

Ethan's words stay in my head for the entire ride.

Another few hours roll by and Ethan stops the car in front of a small yellowish house. It doesn't look like anyone is home. There's no car in the driveway and it doesn't look like any lights are on. Either that or the curtains are making the place look so dark.

Ethan grabs his phone and steps out of the car. We start unpacking the car of our suitcases.

Ethan knocks on the door and in seconds it's opened by a guy. He has pale skin and deep almost black eyes. His hair is jet black also. His long sleeves shirt is black along with a black pair of shoes. The only thing not black is his pants which are navy blue jeans.

"Hey Ethan! It's been way to long." He says with a smile.

"I know. Thanks for letting us stay here." Ethan says and walks inside. "We'll be outta your hair in no time."

I follow Ethan inside and look around. It's not big but it's not small either. It's cozy.

"No rush, really. I'd rather you stay here than to rush and find a shitty house to stay in."

"But really though, thanks for letting us stay here. It really does mean a lot."

"Anything to help an old friend. Well anyway, I'll show you two around." Anthony says and leads us upstairs.

Anthony opens another door upstairs revealing another bedroom. "And this is where you can stay."

I walk inside and look around. It's just a normal bedroom. I plop my heavy suitcase onto the bed and turn around to look at him again. "Thanks Anthony!"

He closes the door behind him and steps closer. "You can call me Ant, for short. And I never got your name."

"Right, I'm Frisk. It's nice to meet you." I stick out my hand and smile.