34: False Awakening

Sans' POV
It's painful being without Frisk. Knowing that she's dead and might not be coming back just hurts even more. It's only been about a day and I already miss her loud ass music playing 24/7 and scaring her shitless when I teleport without her knowing.

I've got Ethan in the car, driving back from the hospital. I put him on crutches but he's been doing good from what I've seen. I still haven't told him about Frisk and I really should.

"I gotta tell you something." I say after a while of us sitting in awkward silence.

"I know you're sorry but I'm fine." Ethan says.

"Not that, well I still am sorry but it's not that this time."

"Spit it out then."

"Uh..."

You're sister is dead. Yeah, that's something I wanna say to him. That totally won't freak him the fuck out.

"You're sister." I start but don't know how to finish.

"Are you asking for my blessing? How long have you guys even been dating?"

"No! Not that. She's uh...gone."

"What do you mean 'gone'?"

"Sean killed her. But it's ok! Gaster is seeing what he can do. He's confident that she'll live again."

"Are you serious?"

"Dead serious." I say then think it over. "That was bad, sorry."

"So she's really dead?" He asks and runs and hand through his hair.

"Not for long hopefully."

I let Ethan be. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to be told that your sibling is dead but still might be ok. It's a lot to take in.

Danm. I probably sound insane.

We get back home and I let Ethan rest his ankle for the day. He's still shaken about Frisk but I can't blame him, so am I.

The rest of the day I spend doing, drum roll please, absolutely fucking nothing!

*That Night*

I teleport home and open the door to my bedroom.

Frisk jumps, falls off the bed and backs up to the wall.

"Jeez Frisk! What's rattling your bones?" I ask kneeling down next to her.

She points to the TV then the remote. She hands are shaking a lot.

I pick up the remote. "This?"

She takes it and rewind the TV. She hugs me tight and buries her face into my shoulder. I watch in silence.

I quickly change the channel after I watch  what Frisk is so freaked out about. I toss the remote back onto the bed and hug Frisk with my other arm.

"Sans, I-I..." Frisk starts but is too scared to finish.

"He's not coming anywhere near you." I say meaning every word of it.

Light footsteps walk around downstairs.

Frisk and I look at each other. She's shaking and I can see her eyes screaming with fear. I hate seeing her like this.

"Stay here." I say and walk out the bedroom.

I make it to the other side of the door when Sean rips my chest open.

I gasp and jump awake.

"It's just a nightmare. Calm down. It's not real." I say to myself.

I take a few deep breaths and look around the room. Something seems off.

Frisk grabs onto the bed sheets and pulls herself up. She has cuts all over her body and blood covers her from head to toe.

"H e l p. M e." She says before her eyes rolls back into her head and she collapses onto the floor.

I jump awake.

"This is...real, right?" I ask myself.

Everything seems normal but I still have to make sure since I refuse to go back asleep after that.

I stand up and walk around the room. Nothing. I put my hand on the door knob and hesitate. I hold a bone and be ready to summon a Blaster if I need them. I swing the door open and see Sean standing on the other side.

I fall back, close my eyes for a second then look back at the doorway.

Nothing.

I slam the door a little too loudly with magic and lock it.

I know that wasn't real but I can't help but be freaked out.

I stand and flop back onto my bed, staring at the ceiling. I take an hour or two before I fall asleep again.