29: Wedding Time

It's the day of Undyne and Alphys's wedding. It took forever to get ready but it's finally done.

Pap is most likely at the wedding already since he wasn't home when Sans and I woke up. Ethan is exhausted from work and still sleeping. Undyne said it was cool if he couldn't come so he's probably not going to get out of bed at all today.

Chara and I are in her room getting ready while Asriel and Sans are somewhere in the house doing the same.

Chara has some music playing and we've surprisingly been relatively quiet.

"Ssooo..." Chara starts after a while of awkward silence that wasn't covered so well by music. "How's looking for a house been for you and Ethan?"

"Bad. Nothing is close or even for sale for that matter. I never thought it would be this hard. Ethan wants to leave since it's a thing with him that he doesn't like staying at other peoples houses for this long, but Sans wants me to stay. I'm not sure what I want to do yet."

"Maybe you should stay."

I shrug. "I'm not sure. Some days I want to and other days I don't. It'd be awesome to stay with Sans but...I don't know. It just feels a little weird to me since we haven't been dating for that long."

"If you and E find a nice house, by all means, go for it, otherwise I would stay if I were you. And if Sans wants you to stay..." she nudges my arm with her elbow.

I turn up the volume of her speaker so I don't have to talk to her anymore.

*Half an Hour Later*

Chara jumps up onto her bathroom counter fully dressed. She has a long, sleeveless, light green dress on with high topped sneaker.

"Why sneaker?" I ask.

"No ones gonna see 'em." She answers.

She has the slightest bit of makeup on since she never wears makeup and hates wearing it. It looks good on her though. This is a new look for her. She never wears things like this and I don't think she ever will after today.

"You look great Chara. You should really wear stuff like this m-"

"Nope nope nope. I don't wanna hear it. I'll
Be downstairs." She says, jumps off the counter and leaves her bedroom.

I get dressed in my short sleeved, knee length, blue dress with a purple stripe along my torso. It kind of looks like something a little kid would wear but I'm still a kid at heart so I like it. I haven't worn these colors since I feel down the mountain and I miss them a lot. I slip on purple heels and walk down the stairs.

"Jeez guys, can you give us a fighting chance?You guys look great!" Asriel says. "I'll start the car. We're probably running late."

Asriel grabs the keys and Chara's wrist so she won't make any stupid jokes and walks out of the house.

"You look...wow." Sans says.

Then I notice I'm taller than him.

"Gimme a sec." I kick off the heels and go upstairs two at a time.

I open Chara's door and slip on some black flats that I brought just in case my feet started hurting. I rush back down the stairs and stand in front of Sans again.

"You know me too well." He says.

I smile and blush. "We should go." I open the front door and walk to the car.

Chara puts on obnoxiously loud music once we're inside.

"Really?" Asriel asks.

"Yes." Chara answers. "No ones gonna tell me what I can and can't do today because they're lucky I even got dressed let alone actually going to this thing. I'm uncomfortable and I kinda wanna jump out the window right now so...shut the fuck up."

"Ok then. You're the boss." Asriel doesn't protest and just goes along with Chara.

The car ride is a lot longer than any of us expected and we're all this close to falling asleep. Ok, maybe that's just me since I didn't get much sleep last night from being so excited about this.

"Azzy. I swear on my fucking life if we're lost...." Chara trails off.

"We're not lost. Unlike you I know where I'm going. It's just far." Asriel assures her.

"That wasn't my fault! Ok maybe is was, but still. How was I supposed to know there was a storm hitting us?"

"You watch the weather."

"Who the hell watches the weather?!"

It's fun listening to Chara and Asriel talk. Sometimes they're like an old married couple and they aren't even married yet. If ever now that I think about it.

A minute goes by when I can't stay awake and end up falling asleep.