51: Just a Day

Sans' POV
That night Alphys told me that Frisk's ankle was better, her shoulder was fine, and she was resting underground. She said she'd be ok to leave tomorrow but it all depends on Gaster. So I'm going to see what's up tomorrow.

First thing in the morning I throw on my hoodie and teleport to the lab.

Once I get upstairs Frisk smiles, throws the blanket off her and runs towards me. She almost tackles me to the ground as she wraps her arms around me.

"I guess your ankle's better now." I say once she lets go.

She smiles that beautiful of hers and spins around. 'I feel great! Gaster gave my something and now I feel...amazing!' She signs and grabs my hands.

"Gaster? When did he get back?" I start getting really worried.

'He came back when Alphys left. He ran some tests, gave me a shot and now I'm here!'

"Tests? Shot? Frisk, what did he give you?"

'He just said it would make me stronger and feel a lot better.'

"Did he-"

"Sans."

I turn to the voice and see Gaster coming up the stairs. "I didn't hear you come in."

"I need to talk to you." I say and bring him back downstairs.

"What is it you want to talk about?" He asks.

"What did you give to Frisk?" I ask a little too harshly.

"It was just something to make her stronger. She seems to get hurt a lot so I thought I'd fix that problem."

I don't know what to say or think. She's not acting any differently and she seems better. As long as she's ok...I guess.

"Can she come home?" I ask.

"Not yet. She might have a concussion that I'm working on fixing. Hitting it against stone was the first of it but your magic made it worse. She'll be free to leave in a day or two."

A day or two. Ha! Sure. You say it'll only take a day but that day turns into a week and that week turns into a month. I know how you work! First you give her some mystery shot and now you're making her stay here when she feels fine. If she had a concussion, I know she would show signs of it and she didn't. Now you're gonna experiment on her for a "day". Fuck off Gaster!

Ok, I gotta cool the fuck down.

"I'll be sure to call you when she can leave but for now I need this time to run some tests." Gaster says.

"Alright." I sigh and walk back up to Frisk to say bye.

She walks closer to me. 'What did you talk about?'

"How's your head?" I ask completely ignoring her question.

'Good. Why?'

"You have a concussion."

She looks confused. 'It doesn't feel like that. My vision is blurred from not having glasses and my head feels perfectly fine.'

"Huh. Well you'll be outta here in a week or so. He's still running some tests."

'But I feel fine. I want to go home with you.' She signs and puts her hands on my chest.

"And I want you to come with me but it's better if you stay here to make sure you're feeling a hundred percent again."

Frisk wraps her arms around my neck. "I'll be missing you."

"Rest your voice. You still sound shitty. I really gotta go. 'Dings is gonna kick me out anyway."

She kisses me before I leave.