23: Deal

I don't think anyone got that much sleep last night. Sitting up against a pole with your limbs tied together isn't the most comfortable sleeping position. That and the thoughts that flooded our minds were, and still are, sickening.

I hate that Sean is putting all my friends through this. Why is he waiting to kill us anyway? Does he just want to torture us before finishing us off? He makes me sick.

I wake up to Ethan whisper yelling at Chara and constant sawing.

"Chara! Fucking stop! You're gonna get caught and then killed!" Ethan whisper yells.

Chara isn't listening to him. She's cutting the rope around her wrists with a knife surrounded in a weird red aura. I didn't know she ever knew how to do magic.

"What are you doing?!" I ask.

"Getting the hell outta here." Chara answers.

Footsteps lead downstairs.

Chara groans, sighs and makes the knife disappear.

Sean stands in front of us and looks through all of us, not saying anything.

"What do you fucking want?" Chara asks.

"Depends." Sean says.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on Frisk or else."

"Or else what?" Sean kneels down and gets close to her face.

She smiles and throws her hands out to the sides of her. The rope rips and she wraps her fingers around Sean's neck.

"Chara! Let go of him!" Ethan yells. "You're getting yourself killed!"

She continues smiling and squeezing Sean's neck. His face turn bright red and he kicks her off him. She can't stand since her legs are still tied. Sean stands and tries stomping on Chara's head but she moves at the last minute. She sits up and throws a red knife at Sean. He dodges it with ease and yanks her up. He makes a tight fist and punches Chara under the eye. The skin splits and bloods drips from the cut. He throws her down and she bangs her head into the wall. Sean walks up to me and Ethan.

"Let this be a lesson to you both." He says and walks upstairs again.

"Chara! Are you ok?" I ask.

She tries to chase after Sean but falls back down. She opens her mouth to screen but stops herself.

"Chara, talk to me!" I say.

"What's. The. Fucking. Point. Frisk?" She says through gritted teeth.

"Calm down-" Ethan says.

"Don't tell me what to fucking do, Ethan! You both aren't helping this situation."

"I'm sorry C-" I try and say.

"Shut up! Just shut up! I'm in physical and emotional pain and I just want to die. This place is worse than hell. We're not getting out of here. Fucking face it!"

"Well we'd make it out of here faster if you'd stop being a goddanm bitch all the time." Ethan says.

"Oh. You wanna fucking go?! I'll fucking go right now!" She holds another knife in her hand and with one swift swing, cuts the rope around her ankles. She throws the knife Ethan's way and it rips his shirt.

"Both of you!" I yell. "Stop! The longer we fight, the more time it'll take for us to get out of here. Let's just all calm down, please."

No one says anything and I let them cool down. We all need to get along so we can work out a plan together. Without them, there's no way in hell we're ever getting out of here.

Sean comes down and yanks Chara up. He ties her up again and a lot tighter. He doesn't say anything. No one does. After she's all tied up Sean looks at her cut for a second then walks away.

*Hours Later*

The room gets even darker then it already is as the night comes. We haven't talked at all and maybe it's for the best. Chara's upset and that makes her angry and Ethan just wants to get out of here. But we all do. That's what we need to tell each other. That we need to do this together.

"Guys?" Chara asks.

I hesitate before talking. "Yeah?"

"I'm really sorry. My emotions are getting the best of me."

"Ya think?" Ethan mutters.

"Ethan! Not now, not ever. Just cool it. Please." I say. "We're all sorry. But we need to work as a team to get out of here. And we'll be doing that tomorrow. Deal?"

They both look at me like I'm insane.

"Deal?" I ask again.

Ethan and Chara look at each other. "Deal." They say in unison.