47: We're Good Now

Walking back to Chara's place feels a lot longer because of guilt. Maybe I was a little too mean with Sans. He feels horrible about what he did and I just made him feel worse probably. Ugh! Why am I always so nice?!

I get "home" and sit on "my" bed with my phone in hand.

Chara bursts through the door, scaring me half to death, and lays on her stomach with her head rested on her hands. "How'd it go? You went right?"

I nod. 'I'm going to go back tomorrow. I just need the night to think.'

"Sounds good." She says and grabs my laptop. "You can always stay here if things don't work out between you two."

My hearts sinks and my mind fills with questions that I don't have answers to.

What if we don't get back together? Would we ever see each other the same way? Would we even be friends?

'Thanks Chara. It really does mean a lot.' I sign trying not think about breaking up with Sans.

Chara and I fall asleep after watching three hours worth of YouTube videos.

Sunlight pours through the window. Chara's already awake and not in the room anymore. I get dressed and walk to the front door.

'I'll text you guys if I don't come back by nightfall to tell you what happened.' I sign before I leave.

Chara smirks at me.

"Don't Chara." Asriel says.

"Don't get too frisky-" she starts but Asriel clamps a hand over her mouth.

"I'd leave before she keeps going." He says.

"I'll know exactly where you are if you don't come back!" Chara says and tries to keep Asriel off her. "If you know what I mean."

Asriel turns to me. "Run."

I smile and wave as I walk out of their house.

I almost back out when I realize that Sans is probably mad at me. But I really really want to get back together. I've forgiven him and I miss being with him.

Finally I get to the house and knock on the door.

Sans opens the door but jumps back a little. He looks exhausted. "You're...back."

I step inside. 'I want to make up with you.'

He looks at my hands like I'm insane.

I roll my eyes and point up. 'I said up. Not out.'

"Right. Sorry, didn't get much sleep last night." He says and sits on the stairs. "What's gonna make you fully forgive me?"

'I do forgive-'

The front door slowly opens.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Sans asks once he sees Amy walk inside.

She closes the door and looks down. In her hands are a pair of keys. She holds them in front of her.

Sans takes them and throws them to the side.

"I'm sorry." Amy says still looking down.

No one says anything.

Amy looks up at me. "This is my fault. I was the one who brought the booze. I was the one who encouraged, or peer pressured, Blue into drinking. I was the one who started making out with him. I was the one who hurt your guys's perfect relationship."

I still hate that nickname and still feel weird when she says it.

'I forgive you. It's fine.'

She looks to Sans for a translation.

"She said it's cool." He says for me.

She gives me a weak smile. "Here." She tosses me a blue and purple striped sweater. My blue and purple striped sweater! "I saw you were pretty mad when I ripped it so I got a guy to fix it."

'Thank you, Amy.'

"I'm guessing that was a 'thanks'?" Amy asks.

I nod.

"Well, you guys don't gotta worry about me anymore. I'm not coming back."

'Where will you go?' I ask even though I don't like her all that much. I still want her to be safe and have good people to be with.

She looks to Sans again.

He rolls his eyes not wanting to ask the question. "Where're you going?"

"I'll be fine, really. I should get going." She says and opens the door. She turns back to Sans. "It was nice knowing' ya Bl- uh...Sans."

He sighs. "You too, Amy."

She smiles and leaves the house.

Sans looks to me and crosses his arms with a smirk on his face. "So, you can forgive her so easily and you can't even forgive your own boyfriend, huh? I see how it is."

'I couldn't get a grip on the fact that you were kissing another girl. It hit me a lot harder than I ever could have imagined. I'm sorry.'

He takes my hands in his. "I still really, really am sorry. I know what I did was more than fucking terrible but I still love you. I never ever mean to hurt you, Frisk. You know that...right?"

I smile and nod. I run my hands up his chest to his shoulders. We pull each other closer until we're centimeters apart.

"Are we good now?" Sans asks.

I smile again. "We're good now." I say and kiss him.