52: Still at the Lab

Sans' POV
I knew it, I knew it, I fucking knew it. It's been over a week and Frisk is still underground. She was acting normal and looked a lot better. I don't see why Gaster wanted to keep her there. I hate that she went from a normal girl to a lab rat in the matter of a day. She doesn't deserve this shit! All she wants is to go home and Gaster had to take that from her. Knowing that she's fine and alive is absolutely amazing, it's just knowing that she can't leave is killing me.

And this is the part in my life where Chara tries to get me out of the house by texting me. I'm just calling it.

"SANS! Stop being depressed and get the fuck out of your house!" Chara texts me.

"I'm good." I text back. "And I'm not depressed!"

"Sans!"

"Chara."

"I hate you sometimes."

"I hate you too."

I tosses my phone to the side and pick up Frisk's. It's dead as always so I just stare at the blank screen. I wish she had this because I know she's be texting me right now if Gaster would let her.

An hour later Chara, I'm assuming, knocks on the front door. I know if I don't answer she'd most likely kick the door in so I open the door.

She has her arms crossed and she's tapping her foot.

"Can I help you?" I ask.

She pushes me aside and slams the door shut once she's inside. She walks into the kitchen, jumps up onto the counter and crosses her arms again. "Why are you always so fucking sad? You know Frisk is fine."

"That's just it! She doesn't deserve to be experimented on like an animal!" I say getting right into it and grab a knife from the sink. I set the tip on the table and sit in front of it. I spin the knife around.

"Is there something else you want to talk about?" Chara asks.

I look at her then back at the knife. There's something calming about just holding it. It's that insane? Yup, that's insane. "No." I answer.

Chara stands and reaches for the knife in my hand. She sets it to the side. "How about you don't play with this?" She sits across from me. "I'm sure Gaster is hard at work. Just think on the bright side. Frisk is alive and well."

"She was better when Alphys helped! 'Dings has been 'making her stronger' whatever that fucking means. He's being way to vague about this shit."

"Relax Sans, jeez. She'll be out of the lab in no time. Just calm the hell down."

I blink away the flame in my eye. "It's been almost two weeks when it was supposed to be two days, Chara."

"Well hey, she's alive and she'll be home very soon I'm sure of that. Don't think about it too much. You know Frisk would want that."

I sigh. "Thanks C."