19: Movie Night

My body doesn't want to move when I wake up. I'm weak, tired, my head hurts, my nose is stuffed and my throat is so scratchy to the point that I can't talk. I'm hot and cold at the same time and I feel like I'm dying. Great! I'm sick.

I look at the clock next to me. 4:16 PM. Jeez! I slept all day. I'm surprised Sans didn't think I was dead.

I put on a sweatshirt, shorts and put my hair in a messy bun. I feel gross so it's ok if I look gross. That's how being sick works.

Slowly I walk down the stairs and with every step my knees buckle the slightest bit.

"I'll be there I'm just busy right now." I hear Sans say. He's probably talking to Undyne again. "Undyne calm the fuck down. I'll be there in a second. Just chill. I wanna see if Frisk's ok." Sans says and the small screams from his phone stop.

I peek into the kitchen.

"Hey, I didn't hear you get up. How's your head?" Sans asks.

I give him a weak thumbs up and an even weaker smile.

"Can you talk?"

I shake my head.

"You're sick?"

I nod.

"That storm is gonna hit us soon and I don't wanna leave you here when it comes. How 'bout I bail on Undyne and stay here, take care of you?"

"I'll be fine." I whisper in a scratchy voice. "You can go help Undyne. She probably needs it more than I do." I want him to stay but I know Undyne would be pissed at him if he bailed on her.

Sans shakes his head. "I'll stay here. You sound disgusting."

I smile and walk to the couch. I curl into a ball and put on a movie. Sans comes back, places a mug on the coffee table in front of me and sit down. I take a few sips and rest my head on his leg. He runs his fingers through me hair.

Only a couple minutes go by when my eyes get heavy. I close my eyes.

"I-I-" Sans picks up his phone.

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?!" Undyne screams through the phone.

"Frisk is sick and-" he tries to answer.

"BULLSHIT! STOP MAKING EXCUSES!"

I sit up and take Sans' phone. "Undyne, hey. Sorry-" I cut myself off and start coughing.

Sans takes his phone back and puts his arm around me.

"I'll let you slide just this once!" Undyne says. "But if you bail on me one more time I'll crack your skull so hard that-"

"Alright!" Sans cuts her off. "It won't happen again."

"It better not! And Frisk, sorry for probably scaring the shit out of you." Undyne says and hangs up.

I look at Sans with concern and fear in my eyes.

"It's cool. I know how to dodge a spear."

"What's she...." My voice trails off. I pick up Sans phone and type in the notes. "What's she so mad about?"

Sans laughs at my attempt to talk. "I can't tell you. Undyne will literally kill me."

My mind starts racing. Undyne always gets mad and threatens people with death but what would she be THIS angry about.

I gasp and my fingers starts typing. "R the geting marid!"

Sans has to read it at least three times when he smirks at me. "Great spelling skills, and yeah. She's been planning it a while from now. Just don't let it get back to her that I told you. I'd like to keep my head in one piece."

"I won't tell. I promise." I type.

I wrap my arm around Sans neck. I end up falling asleep after a minute or two.

*After Waking Up*

I'm not sure if it was a dream that I don't remember or this just came to mind but I feel like I need to ask this.

"Sans?" I say and sit up a little straighter.

He turns down the volume on the TV so he can hear me better. "What's on your mind?"

"What would we- How could- I don't know how to ask this." My throat is still very scratchy and it hurts to talk.

"I won't take it out of contexts. Just ask."

I take a second. "What would happen if we ever broke up?"

I can tell he's taking it out of context. "A-are you planning on it?"

"No! Not at all. I just...I don't know, just thought. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Sans smiles and leans in. We get an inch away from each other when I turn my head and start coughing.

Great timing body. You couldn't wait a few seconds?

"Sorry. Still sick." I say after my coughing fit. My head is pounding now and I feel a thousand times worse.

Sans plants a kiss on my forehead then puts his hand over it. "Jeez! You're hot! Are you feeling ok?"

I shake my head.

"Get some rest. It's late and it might help with this bug you have." Sans says and stands up.

My knees are weak when I stand but I still follow Sans upstairs and almost immediately fall asleep.