20: The Best Fear Melter

I wake up to the sound of rain pounding on the house. Thunder rumbles and lightning lights the dark, cloudy sky.

Ethan hasn't been home and all I want is for him to be inside somewhere safe. I really don't want him being on the roads after what Chara and I went through. Even Pap. Sans said he's at MTT's which is relieving. As long as they're safe I don't care where they are.

My sickness is getting better. My head isn't hurting as much, I'm not as weak and I can finally talk again. I'm still wearing a sweatshirt and shorts just because I have no clue if I'm hot or cold.

I sit in the windowsill and watch the rain and lightning. The thunder gets louder and the lightning gets closer. I never was and never will be a fan of storms so I close the curtains and sit back on the bed. I listen to music to melt my fears.

*Crack!...CRASH!*

I look out the window and see a huge tree fell right in the middle of the road bringing power lines down with it.

Lightning hit that close?

I start getting uneasy. I don't even know where Sans is. He better be inside.

I put my hand on the door knob and the power goes out. My heart stops for a second. This day could not get any worse. First a storm and now the lights. Can anything go my way?

I quickly grab my phone and turn on the flashlight. Only two seconds go by when my phone dies.

Are you fricken kidding my right now?!

I walk out of the bedroom and into the hallway. My eyes are barely adjusted to the darkness and I can't see my hand in front of me. Great.

After a few deep breaths and the thought that I'm going to be fine (hopefully) I walk down the stairs. Ok, maybe it was more of a jog but still.

I make it down two stairs when I bump into Sans. And it wasn't just a bump you'd have in the hallway at school no no no. This was a full in football player tackle. We tumble down all thirteen stairs. Sans lands on his back with me on top of him.

"Are you ok?! I heard a crack?!" I ask and scrabble up.

"I'm fine. Just a finger. You?" Sans says and sits in front of me.

"Um...flustered and scared. Otherwise I'm ok."

Sans snaps his fingers and a tiny Gaster Blaster appears and starts running around. The faint blue light is just enough for us to see each other. The blaster comes running, or floating, up to me and circles around me. It's like a little puppy. It's so cute!

Thunder rumbles and I jump. The blaster starts looking around, growling.

"You wanna keep him, don't you?" Sans asks.

"You can't just bring something cute around me and expect me not to want to keep it." I watch as it runs around the downstairs. "Why is he so small?"

"'Dings made him as a prototype when he was experimenting with them. He won't shoot anything. He was made just for look."

"'Dings?"

"W.D."

I look at Sans with a look that says, I-Still-Have-No-Idea-Who-You're-Talking-About.

"Gaster, Wing Dings. Ring a bell?"

"Isn't he your dad?"

"Yeah but me and him didn't like calling him 'dad'. It was always weird to me."

I don't question it further and hold the hyper, little blaster in my arms.

I jump again at hearing thunder.

"Don't be scared. It's just thunder. It won't hurt you." Sans says and stands up. "It's late."

"What time is it? I thought it was morning." I stand up still holding the blaster.

"It's gotta be at least 2:00 AM. I don't know why you're even awake."

We walk up the stairs and into Sans bedroom.

"I'm guessing the storm kept you up?" I say.

"Yeah."

Sans puts his arm around me and we both move closer.

Lightning lights the room followed by loud thunder. I jump and hug Sans tighter.

"Calm down Frisk." Sans says almost laughing.

I start shivering. Mostly from still being sick and a little from being scared half to death. Storms have alway been a huge fear of mine and the darkness is only making it worse.

Sans places a hand on my cheek and leans in.

Body! Don't mess this up! I need this!

Our lips meet. All my fears melt away.

"Is this all I have to do to get you to not be scared?" Sans asks once we pull apart. "'Cause if that's the case, I like when your scared."

I reply with a smile as I place my head on his chest.

We don't say anything for a few minutes.

"I love you, Frisk." Sans says.

I blush. "I love you too, Sans."

He kisses me one last time before I drift back to sleep.