35: Take Frisk's Words

Sans' POV
It feels like it's been years but it's only been about a month. Gaster hasn't said anything about his progress on Frisk if there is any at all.

I hate being without her. This is worse than when she left after the barrier was broken because I know she's dead and might not be coming back.

Gaster seemed so sure that she was going to live but I just can't believe him. It's impossible to bring someone back to life without magic and Gaster's magic hasn't been doing so good. I'm not sure if she's going to be ok.

Then there's the thought that if she does live, would she still remember everyone? What if she can't even remember who she is?

I hate living without her.

Chara has been pacing my room trying to get me out of bed. I'm staring at the ceiling ignoring mostly everything she's saying.

"What if we take a trip underground? That usually cheers you up." Chara suggests.

"I'm not going underground. Too many memories, and that's where Frisk is still dead." I don't take my eyes away from the ceiling.

"At least let me put on some music." She turns on her phone and puts on a playlist of songs.

"I'm a goner. Somebody catch my breath-"

"The death of a bachelor-"

"Remember me for centuries-"

"'Cause it feels so empty without me-"

"I'm not oh-fucking-kay-"

"Ok that was probably the worst decision of my life but I'm not leaving here until you get the fuck up." Chara puts her phone away.

I stand up and look at her. "Now you can leave."

"You know what I meant smartass." She sits on the edge of the bed looking defeated. "You win Sans, you win. But you do know what Frisk would want you to do, right?"

I look at her to give me an answer.

"She would want you to stop being so fucking depressed!"

I roll my eyes. Frisk's death has turned me so emo it's embarrassing.

"What if it was Asriel? You'd be the same way." I say.

She shakes her head. "If Gaster said that Azzy would be just fine after he died, I'd wait years for him to be alive again. Gaster could've just said 'she's dead and I can't help' but he's taking time out of his busy days to save Frisk, for not only you but everyone. 'Dings knows what he's doing so you just have to be patient and remember that Frisk will be back in your arms in no time."

"But there was no guarantee that she was going to live. That's what sticks with me."

"Fine. If you're going to continue being like this, there's obviously no way I can help." She stands and looks at me for a second. "I guess I'll see myself out."

"That'd be for the best."

She sighs and opens the door. "I really am sorry that Frisk isn't in the best of shapes." She looks back at me. "But you really don't have to be a dick about it. I know what it's like to loose a loved one over and over. I know what it's like to feel like you're feeling right now. You just have to take Frisk's words on this one, always look on the bright side because there really is no dark side unless you make it dark." She looks back at the door and walks out of the house.

Why does she have to be so right?

A/N
Song(s) used: Goner but twenty one pilots. "I'm a goner. Somebody catch my breath-"
Death of a Bachelor by Panic! At the Disco. "The death of a bachelor-"
Centuries by Fall Out Boy. "Remember me for centuries-"
Without Me by Eminem. "'Cause it feels so empty without me-"
I'm Not Okay (I Promise) by My Chemical Romance. "I'm not oh-fucking-kay-"

Don't ask. I was just scrolling through my music and I stumbled upon Without Me so I just said, "Why not" and added it. Thanks for reading!