25: Where Are You?

Ethan slumps onto a chair upstairs to rest his leg. He points to the phone. "Grab that."

I pick it up but don't hand it to him. There's too much on my mind.

He shakes his hand. "Give."

I take a minute then hand it to him. I sit in the corner of the cabinets and curl into a ball. A few tears flow down my face.

After Ethan's done calling the cops he looks at me. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head and burry my face into my knees. I don't want anyone to see me like this but they come into the kitchen anyway.

Chara kneels down next to me and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Aww Frisk. Why are you crying? You know when you cry, I cry." She looks at the ceiling to stop the tears.

I take a deep breath to calm myself. "If Sans escaped, wouldn't he have came to help? Or...is he...he...dead...?"

Chara looks to Asriel. "You were the last one with him. Do you know anything?"

"Not much. Sean attacked us and knocked me out before I even knew what was happening." Asriel answers.

I burry my face into my knees again. "He would've teleported to me. He did it once before. He's actually gone...."

No one says anything. They're just as worried and confused as I am.

"He..." Chara starts. "He's a lot faster and stronger than Sean. He can take him down easily."

"Then where is he?" I sob.

No one answers.

"This is why I hate him. He never loved you if he couldn't even come and bust you out of here." Mettaton says.

"Mettaton!" Everyone yells at him.

Maybe he's right. Sans knows when I'm in trouble. Why hadn't he come? There's no way he's dead so why didn't he help? Does he actually love me? Yeah...right?

Police sirens and flashing lights drive up outside. They knock on the door and we let them in. They ask questions and investigate. After that, they arrest Sean and take Undyne, Asriel and Ethan to the hospital. Alphys and Chara go with them. Mettaton and Pap go home leaving me all alone.

I find my way to Pap and Sans' house pretty easily but it's very late when I get there. No ones here. Pap must be at MTT's and only lord knows where Sans is.

I lay in bed, starring at the ceiling. After hours of that, I finally cry myself to sleep.

*That Night*

"Give me one last kiss for the far too young to die." My phone sings.

"It's three A freaking M." I say and pick up the phone. "Hello?" I groggily ask.

"Heya Frisk." Sans says.

I pull the phone away to make sure it's his number. It is! I have to pinch myself to see if it's real too. "Sans?! You're ok!"

"Sorta."

"What do you mean? Where are you?"

"I got beat up pretty bad. Don't worry though. 'Dings as got me all patched up in the lab. I'm fine."

"What happened? What did Sean do?"

Someone says something in the background.

"It's late and 'Dings wants me to rest. You do the same. You can come here tomorrow and I'll tell you everything."

"I...I'll be there."

"I'll see you then." Sans hangs up.

I put my phone on the bedside table and smile. Just hearing Sans voice makes me feel a thousand times better. It's good to know that he's alive and well. I lay back down and fall asleep after a while of daydreaming about him.