55: Time Out

When I came home Sans wouldn't talk to me. I tried to sign but we didn't even look at me. I'm not mad at him for it. I get it. I wouldn't want to talk to me either. I don't want to talk to him using my voice because he'd think I'm mad again. I let him be for a while and wait for him to come to me. If ever.

I sit on our bed with my legs criss-crossed, facing the door. I put on some music to get my mind off of everything and to hopefully calm me down.

Maybe another half hour goes by when Sans comes in the room and throws his hoodie in the corner and kicks off his sneakers.

I stop the music and unplug my headphones.

"Are you good now?" Sans asks.

I nod. 'I feel horrible. I'm so sorry.'

"You should be."

I try my hardest to calm myself down my I just can't help it. "Why are you being such a fucking dick about it?!"

"Here we go again." Sans mumbles and rolls his eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"How about you go take a walk. I'm not dealing with this right now."

"No! I'm trying to be nice and you're not fucking taking it!"

Sans crosses his arms as the blue flame lights his eye.

"Fuck you!" I yell and storm out of the house.

*Later That Next Day*

All night I was walking laps around the neighborhood to clear my head. I couldn't bring myself to go back home knowing that I'd probably just end up here again. It's about lunch time now when I decide that I need to come back home. I knock on the door because I don't have a key on me.

Sans opens the door. He doesn't look as angry. "Where have you been? Are you hurt?"

'Walking. I'm ok.'

"Can we talk about this or are you just gonna become the fucking Hulk again?" Sans hesitantly asks.

I shrug my shoulders. 'I do really want to talk though.'

Sans and I sit on the couch. I prepare myself for whatever he's going to ask or say in general. I don't want to snap at all.

"So, this started happening after you got back from the lab, right?" Sans asks.

I nod.

"Fuckin' hell. You don't think this has something to do with whatever Gaster was giving you?"

I shake my head without thinking. 'He's way to smart to have anything to do with this. He kept me there for a week just running tests and seeing if I was ok. It can't be him.'

Sans looks down then back up at me. "You haven't been yourself ever since then. What else could this be?"

Anger bubbles up inside me.

But why?! He wasn't yelling or using an annoyed tone of voice. He just asked a simple question. I don't understand what's making me act this way.

"Maybe because of you." I snap.

"And why would it be me?" Sans asks being very calm.

I throw a punch towards his face but he teleports out of the way. "Maybe you're the one that's being insane!" I say. I walk over to him and throw another punch that he dodges.

"I'm the one being insane?! I'm trying to help you, Frisk!"

I try to punch him again. He blocks it. I try the other arm. He grabs and twists it.

"Just look what you're doing!" I yell. "You would never hurt me!"

Sans laughs and almost loosens his grip on my arms but catches himself. "Says the pacifist that's trying to kill me." He surrounds me in his blue glow and pushes me backwards, away from him.

I'm breathing heavily and I can almost feel the steam pouring out of my ears. I walk closer to Sans and stare him down before making another move. I try yet again to punch him but me ducks under my arm and teleports behind me. He turns my souls blue and I collapse o to the floor. It feels like a thousand, no a billion cinder blocks are on top of me. He throws ms towards the wall but stops millimeters away. He doesn't want to hurt me. He keeps me surrounded as he leaves the house. The magic wears off and I bang on the door. He's holding the handle and we're playing tug of war with the door.

"Get the fuck back here!" I yell and continue to struggle with the door.

He's talking to someone but I don't know who. He's calling for help.

"Frisk listen to me!" Sans calls from the other side of the door. "Either back the fuck up, or get slapped with a door. I'm not gonna hurt you."

I'm not listening and continue with the door.

"Suit yourself."

The blue aura covers me again and backs me up. Sans pushes my against the wall and holds his forearm over my neck.

What happened to not hurting me?

His eyes lights up. "Listen here, Frisk. I know you're in there somewhere. You just have to fight this...whatever the fuck is doing this to you. I'm not going to hurt you if you don't hurt me. Just calm down," his grip loosens and I can breath again. "Relax."

I catch me breath and keep my eyes on Sans as he carefully backs up. Once I'm better I walk closer to him and throw another punch. Sans stops it with his magic. I can't move.

"Get the fuck off me!" I yell and struggle against the magic.

He drags me up the stairs and opens the guest bedroom door. He looks at me then inside the room. The magic wears off and Sans throws me in the room. He slams the door shut and breaks off the handle so I can't get out.

I bang on the door. "Let me out of here, Sans!"

"You can come out as soon as Alphys and Undyne get here but for now, you're in time out missy."

I listen as his footsteps get farther and farther away.

"Sans! Get back here! I'm not done with you! Sans!"

But nobody came...