57: DT and LV

Sans' POV
Frisk's body goes limp and her eyes close. Undyne sets her down carefully on the bed and looks to me.

"Thanks." She says.

I feel like shit. Even if Frisk was trying to kill us, it just feels wrong to knock the person you'd never hurt out.

"Should we bring her to the lab? Maybe Gaster knows why she's been like this." Undyne suggests.

"No fucking way am I bringing her back there. Gaster was the one who made her like this. He might just make it worse." I say.

"Well we can't bring her to a human hospital. They don't know what they're doing."

"I-I have some things b-back at home that m-might help. I can a-always get some things f-from the l-lab." Alphys says.

"Sounds good to me, but it's not my call." Undyne says and looks at me.

I turn to Frisk. I'm a little surprised that her head isn't bleeding. I hit her pretty hard. Her chest is rising and falling. At least she's not dead. That's a relief.

"Whatever helps." I say.

"It's settled then. I'll take Frisk back to our place and you two get some stuff from the lab." Undyne says and cradles Frisk in her arms. "I'll meet you two back at home." Undyne kicks down the already broken door and leaves the house.

I take Alphys to the lab without saying anything. This place disgusts me now. I just want to leave.

After what felt like forever but was actually five minutes I teleport Alphys and I to their house. Alphys leads me to the basement. It's like a mini lab down here. There's everything there would be in the lab but in a smaller room. Undyne is sitting next to Frisk who's laying on a bed with her arms and legs tied down.

"You didn't need to tie her down." I say.

"I'm just being safe. I don't want her attacking Alph when she wakes up."

"I-I'll run some tests w-while she's s-still sleeping. G-give me an hour or t-two then I should know w-what's wrong with h-her." Alphys says.

"We'll leave you to that then." Undyne says and drags me upstairs.

The first hour flies by in an instant. I wasn't listening to a word Undyne was saying and all I could think about was Frisk. I'm still thinking about her. I need to know why she's been acting like this.

Frisk's POV
I wake up with a headache. I try to sit up but quickly find out that I'm tied down to an unfamiliar bed in a room that looks like the lab but smaller.

Alphys walks up to me and jumps when she sees my eyes open. "I-I didn't know you w-were awake. H-how are you f-feeling?"

I try to talk but only a tiny squeak makes it out. My throats hurts from screaming so much.

Alphys knocks on the wall near the stairs. "Undyne! Sans! Y-you can c-come down n-now."

Undyne slides down the railing and looks at me with a spear held in her hand.

"Sh-she's fine." Alphys says.

"Can we untie her?" Sans asks once he's downstairs.

"As l-long as you k-keep an eye on h-her. She st-still is...I-I don't want t-to say unstable b-but..."

Sans snaps me free without thinking.

I sit up and curl into a helpless ball as tears rolls down my face.

Sans places a hand on my back and I flinch. I know he doesn't have any intention of hurting me but I can't help it.

'Stay away.' I sign as much as I can. 'I don't want to hurt you guys.'

No one says anything for a minute.

"I-I found th-the problem." Alphys says.

"Lets here it." Undyne says.

"H-her DT levels a-are off the charts. I-I'm guessing Gaster g-gave her more Determination t-to make her stronger. B-but what he d-didn't know w-was that it would r-raise her LV or l-love level of violence too. W-which causes her to b-become...power hungry...I-I guess."

"Ok, English please." Undyne says.

"You're serious..." Sans says almost as a question and sinks into his chair in disbelief.

"One h-hundred percent." Alphys says.

Sans groans and paces the room. "How could he be so fucking stupid? Even I know that would happen. Did he even think about it?! What tests was he running if he didn't even realize this would happen?! Is there a way you can somehow fix Frisk?" Sans stops in front of Alphys.

"Y-yes. I could t-try and suck some o-of the Determination out of h-her soul but th-there's a chance it could b-break."

"Is that our only option?"

Alphys shakes her head. "W-we could send h-her back underground a-and see i-if she can reset, b-but it's highly un-unlikely for that t-to work."

"So either way she might die."

"I'm a-afraid so."

Again, nobody says anything.

"We can give you two some time to talk it over if you want." Undyne suggests.

Sans looks to me. I nod.

Undyne and Alphys leave the basement and Sans moves closer to me. He keeps his distance not wanting to scare me even more.

"You understood Alphys, right?" He asks.

'I know that if she tries to fix me, I'll die but if she doesn't, I could kill you if you could kill me. So I might as well except my fate, say my goodbyes and...leave.' I sign. The tears get heavier.

"You're not gonna die Frisk, don't say stuff like that."

"Yes I am." I sob.

Sans sits next to me and puts his arm around me. I don't fight it. I hug him, tight, and drench his shirt in tears.

"I wish I knew the pain you're in right now." Sans says. "I can't imagine living life in fear that you'd hurt someone or they'd hurt you. I can't begin to think what it's like to know that a doctor is what caused this. I'm so sorry, Frisk, for everything."

I smile and continue crying. "I'm gonna miss you Sans, even if that's impossible 'cause I'll be dead." I say as my smile fades.

"Frisk, stop! Alphys knows what she's doing. You're gonna live. There's no doubt about that."

"She said it herself, I'm going to die."

Sans doesn't say anything. He knows I'm not ok and I won't be ok until I know for a fact that I'll live.

I'm going to die and he knows it.