10: Morning on the Beach

When I wake up, I can't get Ant off my mind. He's gone and he's not coming back but he still haunts my dreams.

Trying not to think about it too much, I walk into the kitchen.

"Mornin'" Sans says. "You ok now? You were pretty freaked out last night."

I nod and sit at the small, island table in the center of the kitchen. I can tell he's not convinced that I'm ok.

"It's still early. How 'bout we take a walk on the beach, clear your head." Sans suggests.

I shrug my shoulders, hurting my right one a little. I do really need a day to relax so I think this is the best idea. "Why not." I say and stand up. I walk back upstairs and get dressed.

The sky turns shades of orange and pink as the sun rises. The sun kisses the ocean almost perfectly making one of the most beautiful sights ever. These are the sights that make me love the surface even more.

Sans and I walk closer to the water. A wave crashes and Sans nudges me into it. The water is freezing and sand sticks to my feet.

"You bonehead!" I yell and push him.

Sans laughs and we continue walking.

After a while of walking we sit on the sand, not even caring that sand is going to be all over us when we stand up.

"This is beautiful." I say while looking out onto the water.

"Yeah, but not as beautiful as you." Sans responds.

As cheesy as it was, I turn towards him and smile. He smiles back then looks back at the water. He teleports away as a huge wave crashes, drenching me. Once the wave goes away I stand up and start shivering. Sans bursts out laughing.

"You could've warned me!" I yell trying to to laugh at myself.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry. There was nothing I could've done." Sans says in between laughing.

"You could've teleported with me!"

"But this is funnier."

I roll my eyes and wipe most of the sand off me and the rest on Sans.

"I deserve this." He says calming down a bit.

The cold breeze doesn't help with being soaked in water. Sans puts his jacket round me as we walk.

We find a bench far away from the water and take a seat to talk for a little.

"It's great having you back here." Sans says.

"It's great being back here. I missed you a lot."

"I missed you too. It was tough being without you." Sans says and moves closer to me.

"I know. I'm really sorry I left so suddenly. Seeing Ethan after years of being trapped underground was...amazing. I missed him a lot. We just needed some time to catch up with each other. I almost forgot about him and having him back is fantastic."

"And I was selfish about that, I'll admit it. But Ethan's a good brother. I'm happy you have him back."

We sit there for a little when Sans leans towards me. We get closer and closer until our lips collide. Every fear I had instantly melts away. Sans always makes me feel like nothing bad can happen to me.

We pull away. Sans smiles and chuckles. "Still not used to acting like a couple, huh?"

My face must be bright red. "Sorry. I'll get used to it."

"Let's get home. You smell like salt water."

"Wonder what happened to make me smell like this."

With that, we stand and walk off the beach and back home.