28: Nightmares

Sans got out of the underground all patched up. No cracks or breaks anywhere. He's as good as new. Gaster said to not use magic as much but Sans didn't listen. The first thing he did was teleport home.

It's been a couple months and nothing important or interesting has happened. Well, there is the fact that Undyne and Alphys have been planning their wedding nonstop. I've been helping as much as possible and I absolutely can't wait. They're perfect for each other.

The only thing I've been putting off about the wedding is shopping for a dress. I'm shorter than most and there's only a few colors that I like myself in. It's more of a hassle than something I'd have fun doing.

I'm not the only one who's been doing this. Chara has as well. We always talk about going shopping but never do. It's only a matter of time before it's too late and Chara and I are going to wait for that time.

"Yo Frisk! We really should go 2 the mall. It's now or never cuz I'm lazy and don't feel like going any other day. U down?" Chara texts me. I feel like she was reading my mind.

"Uuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhh...ffiiiinnee." I text back. "Come here. We can take E's car for the day."

I walk downstairs and into the living room. The skele-bros went out for the day and Ethan is still sleeping so I take it upon myself to relax, alone, on the couch.

*Knock knock*

Did she freaking time travel here or what?

I open the door and Chara grabs my wrist. I quickly grab the keys to the car.

"Want me to drive?" Chara asks. 

I flashback to the horrible storm we were in. After I snap out of it I hold the keys a little tighter. "It's cool. I can drive."

*Hours and Hours Later*

We're on our way back to Chara's place so I can drop her off. It's dark now and I know Ethan is probably mad at me for taking the car. Most likely, he's late for work.

"Give me one last kiss for the far too young to die, far too young too die." My phone sings from the backseat.

"Can you answer that?" I ask.

"Course." Chara pick up my phone. "Sup Ethan. ... We're on or way back now. We didn't expect it to take that long. ... Alright, alright, chill. We're almost there. ...See ya." Chara hangs up and puts my phone back.

"I take it that he's late." I say almost as a question.

"Yeah but he'll be fine. It's just by," she looks at the time and thinks about when he needed to leave for work. "An hour or two. Maybe four."

"It's that late?! Jeez."

I drop Chara off and pull into the driveway after a minute or two of driving from her house to "mine". I toss the keys to Ethan who walks out of the house. He catches them, says bye and drives away.

It's late and I'm tired. I don't feel like doing anything but I still take a shower and get dressed.

As I'm walking past Sans room I hear him mumbling and squirming around. I stop and crack the door open. A very faint blue light is shining through his closed left eye. He's tossing and turning a lot.

I walk towards him.

He only gets worse.

I sit lightly on the edge of the bed and only touch him with me fingertips when he jumps awake and pushes me back. He throws a bone towards my face but somehow I dodge it.

I stand and so does he. The flame in his eye is almost all I can see. I want to say something but I can't get the words out because of fear.

Sans backs me up to the wall and tries to drive another bone through my stomach. I just barely dodge that one when I grab his wrists. "Sans! It's me! Frisk!"

He takes a second when everything catches up with him. The flame in his eye fades and he shakes my hands off him. He backs up.

I turn the light on and look at him.

"I-I-I'm so s-sorry Frisk. I-I didn't m-mean to, to hurt you. I-" he stutters.

"Calm down. It's ok. You're just freaked out by a nightmare. I know you didn't mean to hurt me in any way."

He doesn't say anything. He looks terrified that he almost killed me.

I pull him closer to me and put my hands on his shoulders. "Don't think about the bad. Focus on the good 'cause nothing is that bad unless you make it bad. If that makes any sense."

He gives me a weak smile that quickly fades along with a slight nod. "Thanks Frisk."

I kiss him.

I stay in his room for the night. We both fall asleep almost instantly.