36: Back From the Dead

Sans' POV
Even after hearing what Chara said, I still haven't done anything. I know she understands what I'm going through but what she doesn't understand is that's it's probably a hundred times worse. I can't sleep because of nightmares. I can barely even leave my own room because something will pop up or I'll remember Frisk is some way. It's impossible for me to look at Ethan without breaking down.

Am I going insane?

Probably.

But what I can't understand is that Gaster can bring someone back from the dead. That's something out of a movie. There's no way in Hell that this could ever work. I got myself hyped for something that's not going to work. Great.

Frisk's phone starts blowing up with notifications from every social media websites known to man. I would've just left it or thrown it across the room until it broke but I saw her wallpaper. It's a picture of when she was leaving when the barrier was broken and she thought it was a good time to kiss me. Our first kiss.

I pick up her phone and look at the picture. I can't help but smile. My face was so blue. She caught me off guard. I never expected her to make the first move.

I turn on her phone. 18%. That's so like Frisk to never charge her phone. I look through her photos.

Is this weird?

Maybe.

Most of them are of her and I and all of them I didn't even know she took. It's funny seeing her face again. She was always so happy. Always had a smile on. That's what I love about her. She kept me happy and from doing some shit that I most likely would've regretted in the future. And even when I did do some shit that she didn't like, she never got mad. She loved me for me.

My memory session gets interrupted by Frisk's phone singing "Far Too Young To Die" (thanks Frisk for torturing me with this song). It's Gaster. Without hesitation I answer it.

"Frisk hasn't waken up yet but she has begun to breathe again. I'm sure she'll wake up in a minute or two. You can come see her if you'd like. Just be careful, she's still in pain." Gaster says and hangs up without me saying anything.

I throw on my jacket and keep Frisk's phone on me. I teleport to the lab.

Frisk is wide awake. She doesn't look to good though. She's skinnier than she already was and she's very pale.

Her eyes widen when she sees me. "Sans!" She tries to stand but falls. She's very weak.

I teleport to her side to catch her. "Be carful Frisk! You just woke-"

She cuts me off by grabbing my collar and pulling my into a kiss. She lets go of me with a huge smile on her face. Tears stream down her face.

"Don't cry. I'm fine, you're fine. Be happy." I say trying to fight my own tears.

"I am, I am." She says and hugs me again.

"How's your voice?" I ask.

"It hurts but I'll live." Frisk answers.

"What about your memory?"

"I still have that. Sean tackled me and ran a knife throughout my body. He got off and said he was sorry. I knew I couldn't trust him still but when he picked up the knife I didn't know what else to do but watch what he did with it. Everything happened too fast. He stabbed my neck and I...everything went black."

"I'm sorry I left you there."

"Did he hurt you?" She asks completely ignoring my sorry.

"No, well-"

"Well what?! Did he break anything?" She rolls up the sleeves looking for any cracks.

"Not physically. It was hard being without you, Frisk. It was almost two months. I missed you...a lot."

Tears form in her eyes again as she places her hands on my cheeks and pulls me closer until we kiss again.