42: Somewhat Forgiven

Sans and I walk out of the lab but he starts pacing back and forth in the middle of Hotlands.

I snap my fingers but he won't look at me.

He grabs both my hands in his and looks at me. "I'm so sorry Frisk. I knew I shouldn't have let you come. I almost got you killed."

'That's where you have been going? Why?' I ignore him.

"I guess I should tell you the truth, eh?"

I wait for him to answer.

He hesitates. "Uh.... It first started out as somewhere I'd go just to hang, then Aim introduced me to, The Boss, as she called him. They found out I could teleport and I started going more often."

'Just because you could teleport?'

"Sorta. I guess you could call me a drug dealer but-"

'What?! Sans you were selling them drugs? Are you an addict Sans?'

"No! No way!"

'Why did you think going there was a good idea?!'

"Look Frisk, can we talk more about this later? It's been a long day."

'No Sans! We're talking about this now.'

He rolls his eyes. "C'mon Frisk. You seriously can't be mad at me right now."

'I can't be mad at you?! You've been going to a club and doing drugs. How can I not be mad at you?!'

"This isn't that big of a deal, Frisk. It's over now."

'Stop. Just stop. We're both going to calm down and go home. You're going to tell me exactly what you were doing there and why after that. Can we do that?'

"Sounds good to me." Sans say and opens a shortcut to our house.

I lock myself in our bedroom and put on some music to calm me down and distract me.

*Later*

We never got around to talking again. Sans crashed on the couch and honestly, I didn't want to talk to him. I want to know why he went there in the first place but I know he won't tell me the full truth. And if he did I know I would get a lot angrier than I already am. 

The morning comes and I walk downstairs a little too loudly.

Sans wakes up and rubs his eyes. "What time is it?"

I put up all ten fingers.

"I'm gonna go get Aim. Wanna come with?"

I guess he's not mad at me.

'She's staying here?' I sign.

"She has nowhere else to go. Her abusive boyfriend basically stole her apartment and her parents kicked her out since she was 'old enough to get her own house'. I thought I could let her stay for a few days so she can recover. Is that ok with you?"

Maybe he was trying to make me feel bad for her or that's what actually happened to her. Either way I feel terrible. I would want someone to take me in if that's what happened to me so I kind of have to say yes.

'Yes. It's fine with me.' I hesitantly sign.

"I'll be right back then." He says then teleports away.

I hate my decision. I don't want Amy in my house. I don't like her.

Am I jealous?

No way. But...

She has a Barbie doll figure and thick wavy hair. She's tall and gorgeous. She's confident and strong and ugh! She's perfect.

I jump when Sans teleports back into the house. Amy holds her head from the magic. She looks tired and in pain but still beautiful.

"Is there any other way you can travel, Blue? That fucking hurts." Amy says as Sans takes her upstairs to a bedroom so she can rest.

Sans comes back downstairs and sits next to me.

I look down as my mind fills with negativity.

'Did you like it?' I sign after a few long seconds.

"What do you mean?"

'Being there. Doing drugs with them.'

"I didn't do anything. I swear. I just needed to get out and do something for once. I know I shouldn't have. I'm sorry."

I look at him then back down again. 'I..." I start to sign but don't know what to say.

"I know you're disappointed. I'm disappointed too. I didn't think before I acted...and I hurt you because of it."

I shake my head to stop myself from crying or snapping. 'I guess I forgive you.'

Neither of us say (or sign) anything for a while.

"I love you, Frisk. Don't forget that." Sans says.

I smile weakly at him. 'I won't.'

He kisses my forehead.

We spend the day not really talking to each other. I do forgive him a little but I'm not so sure anymore.

The night comes and Sans and I go to bed.