33: Dead

Sans' POV
After what feels like hours go by, I teleport back home and into my room.

Sean is standing over something that's behind the bed.

I throw him against the floor and keep him surrounded in magic. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I ask through gritted teeth.

He looks to the side. I follow his eyes.

Frisk is covered in blood with cuts all over her body. She's laying on the floor...lifelessly.

I look back at Sean. "What did you do to her?"

"All of you are so ignorant. Can't you tell? She's dead and she's never coming back." Sean says.

I look back at Frisk and can feel myself getting weak with emotion.

In seconds I'm holding a baseball bat sized bone in my hands. I swing it towards Sean's head, knocking him unconscious. The side of his head starts bleeding slightly. I might've killed him.

I hold Frisk's hand to check her pulse. Nothing. I try her neck. Nothing. I put my ear up to her chest. Nothing.

My heart stops. There's nothing I can do. She lost all ability to reset when she left the underground and even if she could, I'm not sure when she made her last save point.

"C'mon Frisk. Y-you gotta wake up." My voice is getting shaky as tears form in my eyes. "Please..." I hold her close to me.

I look over at Sean. His chest is still moving. I'm debating if I should kill him. I know Frisk would be upset if I did but...she's gone.

I can't let go of Frisk. I can't comprehend that she's gone. She was way to young to die.

The front door opens. "Yo Frisk!" Chara calls from downstairs. "I found Ethan's phone. Just thought I'd bring it so you can give it to him." She walks up the stairs.

I would get up to find her but I don't want to. I stay, shaking with Frisk next to me.

"Frisk? Where are you?" Chara asks and opens the door.

I quickly wipe my face and turn to face her.

"Hey, you ok?"

I don't answer and turn to Frisk again.

"Woah! Is he dead?" Chara asks and looks at Sean.

I don't answer again.

She walks over to me and her eyes widen. She gets on her knees and moves Frisk's hair to look at the gash in her neck.

"She's gone..." I say.

"Maybe Alphys has something to...I don't know...help Frisk."

"No. No matter how much magic you use you can't fix someone that's dead. She's not coming back."

She doesn't say anything knowing I'm right.

How could I let this happen? I knew Sean was on the loose and I left Frisk alone in a huge house with no defenses. This is my fault.

"Does Ethan know?" Chara asks. Her voice is getting shaky too.

"No. He's in the hospital. I messed him up pretty bad."

"We have to let everyone know."

I shrug. I really don't want to talk to anyone or let them see me like this.

Chara doesn't protest.

We sit in silence when Gaster appears in front of us and picks up Frisk. "Come with me." He says and teleports away.

Chara and I look at each other.

"You go. I'll call the cops for Sean." Chara says.

"Thanks Chara. Be careful with him."

She picks up his knife and tosses it in the air. It spins and she catches the handle. "I always am." She says with a half smile.

I nod and teleport to the lab.

Gaster lays Frisk down on a bed and checks for a pulse. "How long has she been gone for?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe five ten minutes. Maybe longer. I wasn't home when she..."

"And Sean stabbed her in the neck? Do you know if her soul left or broke at all?"

"I'm guessing that's what Sean did. Her soul I'm not sure about."

Danmit Sans. You're fucking stupid. You could've check her soul but you didn't. Good fucking going dude.

Gaster takes a look at the cuts and bruises on Frisk. "There could be a way I can bring her back. It's not certain that she'll be fine but if I do manage to get her back, she might not remember everything. Also Sean hit some of her vocal cords. It'll be painful for her to talk if I can bring her back but she can still manage to speak. It'll take me a couple weeks but I'm almost positive she'll be just fine."

"As long as she's alive, I don't care how long it takes." I say in a little disbelief.

"Go home and get some rest. I'll need all the time I can get. I'll take good care of her for you. I'll be sure to call you if she wakes up."

I nod and teleport back home.