40: Where?

Everything has changed. In only a few months Asriel and Chara got married, Ethan moved in with his girlfriend and Pap moved in with MTT. Sans and I have the house to ourselves now. I grew out my hair and dyed the ends purple. I changed up my look a tad also. I'm still wearing a black tank top, purple flannel, jeans and combat boots but now I always wear a beanie with black framed glasses thanks to staring at a screen for hours a day. I've also given up on talking. It's too much for my vocal cords to handle. It's a nice change of pace for everyone.

Sans hasn't come home yet and it's 3:47 PM. I'm really worried. He won't answer my texts and I even tried calling him. He didn't tell me where he was going because I was asleep when he left.

Two hours roll by when he appears in the room and throws his hoodie on his dresser. He kicks off his shoes. He looks tired.

I snap my fingers to get his attention. 'Where have you been?' I sign.

He sits down and pulls me closer. "Nowhere." He puts a hand on my neck and kisses me.

I place a hand on his chest and gently push him off. 'That's impossible. You can't be nowhere.'

"I was underground." He leans in again.

I push him away. 'Where underground?'

He looks annoyed at my questions. I'm just worried and can't help but feel like he's hiding something from me.

"Grillbz was moving some stuff around and I thought I would help out." He kisses me again.

I keep my eyes open, still needing answers.

I pull away from him. 'He needs a lot of help, don't you think?'

"What? You don't believe me?"

'I didn't say that. I'm just worried. I want you to tell me the truth.'

"I am telling the truth."

'Ok. I was just asking.'

"It's fine." He leans in and kisses me again.

I do believe him but there has to be something else he was doing. He was avoiding my questions and seemed annoyed when I asked them.

Sans' phone buzzes.

I open my eyes to look at it. Maybe it's invading his privacy but I couldn't help it. It's a text from an unfamiliar number. I continue looking at it to see what happens.

It's buzzes again, and again, and again. I can't read the texts since I took off my glasses that are for reading.

Sans snaps his fingers without breaking the kiss. His phone flips upside down so I can't see the screen anymore.

It's buzzes again and again.

I push Sans off me. 'Who is that?'

He picks up his phone and reads over the texts. "Shit." He stands, puts his shoes back on along with his hoodie. "I gotta go."

'Where are you going?!' I stand in front of him.

"Nowhere. I'll be right back."

I clap my hands before he teleports. 'Who was that on the phone? Where are you off to so suddenly?' I sign again.

He takes his phone out of his pocket and hands it to me. "See. It's no one."

I look at his recently sent texts and come across the unknown number.

"Yo Blue."
"Wher r u?"
"Dude. Boss is gonna flip! U gotta get ova here."
"Blue! Do u hav a death wish?"
"U real shold nt b late when u can travel with a snap of a finger. GET OVA HERE!"
"With ever sec that passes ur chances of death gro u no that right?"
"I no ur reading these Blue."

I turn the screen around and point at the number on the top.

"It's just a friend." He takes his phone back.

'Just a friend?'

"Look, I really gotta go, Frisk."

I grab his wrist. 'Either tell me where, exactly where, you're going or take me with you. I need to know Sans.'

"I don't have time to tell you and I can't bring you with me. It's too dangerous."

My nervousness gets worse.

'Dangerous?'

"I just don't want you coming. I'll be back in a few, just let me go."

I grab his shoulder this time. 'Sans.'

He sighs. "If you really wanna come, fine, I can't stop you but there's some strict rules you gotta follow."

'Rules? What do you mean?'

"Stay close to me no matter what. Don't talk or sign anything. Don't look or act scared. And remember, I'll be there to keep you safe."

M hearts starts pounding. I'm starting to regret my decision to come with him.

Stay cool Frisk. You'll be safe. Nothing is going to hurt you. You're going to find out where Sans has been going then leave. Easy as that.

"Got it?" Sans asks.

I hesitantly nod.

"Alright," Sans holds my hand. "Lets go then."