16: Happy Birthday Frisk pt. 2

Sans sighs before walking downstairs.

I grab his wrist before he gets too far. Can you be nice? For me?" I say with sad puppy eyes.

He gives me a weak smile and kisses me.

"Is this a yes?" I ask.

"For tonight." He says and walks downstairs.

"Yay!" I skip down the stairs two at a time.

Everyone is downstairs. Once they see me that all scream, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRISK!"

"Ow. Thanks guys." I say. "But I told you I didn't want a party."

"And we listened. This was your brothers idea." Chara says. "He insisted."

I look at Ethan.

"I'm guilty and I'm proud. You're my sister. I wasn't gonna let your birthday go by unnoticed." He says.

"Thanks E, but you know when I say no, I mean no."

"And you know that I don't listen."

I smile and roll my eyes.

I talk to everyone for a while. Alphys doesn't shut up about anime and Undyne always chimes into those conversations. Mettaton always has something to say too. And of course Sans always has to make at least fifteen stupid puns in one conversation so that's fun. Everyone else is pretty chill...mostly.

Every single year for as long as I can remember, I never wanted a birthday party but when I have one I always have a ton of fun.

The entire party Sans keeps an eye on Mettaton since he can be pretty flirtatious. Especially around Papyrus. It's the main reason why Sans hates him so much.

It's almost midnight by now when we put some light outside and stay there. It's a nice night and being on the surface just makes it better. We all sit outside with some music on.

Mettaton suddenly sits up a lot straighter and gasps. He looks from me to Sans and back again.

"Yes Mettaton?" I say.

"You two aren't even dating! You never made it official." He says.

Sans face palms and slumps back in is chair. "Fucking kill me now." He mumbles.

"I thought it was pretty clear that we were dating." I say.

Mettaton crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow.

"Ya know what MTT, I'll ask Frisk out if it makes you shut the fuck up." Sans says and stands up.

"Sans!" I snap at him.

He grabs my hands and pulls me up. "Frisk, we've been dating for a while now but Mettaton is a fucking dumbass so I gotta ask." He gets down on one knee and this no longer feels like a joke. We haven't even been dating for a year! Was he really about to ask THAT question?

My hearts starts to race and I already feel like I'm drenched in sweat.

"Frisk, will you be my girlfriend?" Sans finishes.

All I want to do is pass out. My knees get weak and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

"Of course Sans." I say. 

Sans stands up and looks to Mettaton. His smile instantly drops. "You happy now?"

"Your acting skills need some improvement but I do like how you caught Frisk so off guard that she started internally screaming. And doesn't it feel so good to get that off your chest?"

Sans opens his mouth to say something but stops himself.

We stay up for an hour or so when people start to leave. Pap went to bed and Ethan's staying up so he doesn't mess with his sleep schedule all that much.

I walk upstairs and into Sans room. I thought I'd take over his room again since I can't fall asleep.

He comes upstairs and doesn't even care that I'm here. He flops onto the bed and sighs. "Tonight was way to long."

"Blame Ethan. I just wanted to be lazy all day but he decided it was a good idea to be a good brother and throw a party." I say.

"He missed work just to be here. He might be too good of a brother for that."

"I'm lucky to have him."

"And he's lucky to have you. We're all lucky to have you." Sans says and pulls me closer.

I smile and end up falling asleep in Sans' arms.