3: A Date With Sans

The sun starts to rise and I sit in the windowsill to watch the sky brighten. It's difficult to keep my eyes open since I didn't get much sleep last night.

I can't get my mind off of everything. Why is Ant acting like this? What can I do about it? What were his plans with me if I hadn't pushed him away?

I lay back on the bed and try and fall asleep. It's no use though. My mind won't let me sleep. I squeeze me eyes shut but it's still no use. An hour goes by when I finally calm down and fall asleep.

My phone dings causing me to jump and my heart starts to beat faster. I pick it up and look at the text.

"Wanna take a trip underground to Grillby's?" The text is from Sans.

"Ya! Sounds great!" I text back.

"I'll pick you up in 10?"

"I'll be ready." I jump out of bed and throw on my normal clothes. I roll down the sleeves of my flannel to hide the purple bruises on my wrist. There's nothing I can do about it except hope Sans doesn't notice.

I poke my head out of the room and look around. Ant doesn't look like he's home and Ethan is probably sleeping. Work is really taking its toll on him.

I walk out of the house and sit on the porch to soak in the sun. I play on my phone for the time it takes Sans to get here.

After a minute or two Sans appears in front of me. "Heya."

"Oh my chauffeur is here." I jokingly say and stand up.

He smiles and sticks out his elbow. "M'lady." He plays along. He opens a "shortcut" to Grillby's. It's packed as usual. I miss the underground a lot. It's so much different than the surface, obviously. 

We take a seat at the bar and order some food. We talk and tell stupid puns to each other when Sans' expression completely changes. He grabs my arm and rolls up the sleeve to look at the hand shaped bruise on my wrist. "Who did this to you?" He asks.

"I uh...must've slept on it wrong." I lie. I'm the worst liar ever.

"Why does it look like a hand then?"

I gently wrap my fingers around the bruise. My hand is too small to look believable but I try anyway. "See. I must've grabbed it in my sleep."

"You're awful at lying. Just tell me the truth."

"I told you what happened! Can we just drop it?" I say a little harsher than I wanted it to sound. I'm just scared and don't want Ant to hurt me even more so for now I have to keep it from Sans.

"Frisk I-" Sans stops himself from freaking out on me and sighs. "You know you can tell me anything."

Tears sting my eyes and I look down. "I can't."

"What do you mean? Why not?" Sans asks getting more and more worried.

"He'll kill me."

A/N
I know this is short but most of them are like this. I'm not good at writing long things since I don't want to write pointless junk that no one wants to read. And yes, it is going a little fast but I can't fix it now. Anyway, thanks for reading!