39: A New Language

It's been a couple days and I'm feeling a lot better. I'm no longer in pain or sore. No more headaches and I can finally walk again. I'm back to normal.

Except for one thing.

I can only talk for a limited amount of time before I can't take the pain anymore. I either have to type everything out or fight through the pain. I've been trying to learn sign language but it isn't going to well for me. It's a lot harder than it looks and there's always the idea that my friends don't know how to read it. It's been a real struggle but I'm sure I can manage...hopefully.

I'm home alone at the moment. Ethan apparently has had a girlfriend for a while now and they've been very serious about it. He's been with her since this morning. Pap always has plans and Sans always leaves early in the morning so he'll be back soon.

Sans teleports to his room where I'm watching TV.

Speak of the devil.

'Can you read this?' I sign. It's one of the few things I've mastered signing.

Sans smiles. "Yeah. You're throat's been bothering you that bad?"

I'm shocked. He understands me! "I can still talk it just hurts after a while. How did you learn to read sign language?"

"Remembered timelines. Most of them you don't talk in so I've picked up a few things."

"Wow. How come you never told me?"

"It never came up." He sits next to me. "If you're in that much pain I really don't want you talking unless you absolutely have to. I can help you if you need it."

"That'd be great! I've gotten used to the pain. It's not that bad."

"Still, I don't like knowing that you're in pain from talking."

Sans spends hours teaching me what I'd need to know about sign language. He's been super patient with me. Sometimes it's too much for my tiny brain to handle but I've been doing pretty good. While Sans is very patient, he's still a child at heart. When I mess up that bad he'll laugh but always get serious right after.

It's dark now and I've started to get a headache. I fall back on the bed and look at the ceiling. "This is too hard."

"Stay Determined. You're doing really good. I know you'll get it." Sans says.

"Can we pick this up again tomorrow? I'm tired."

"Sounds good to me." He throws his hoodie to the side and lays next to me.

We both stare at the ceiling for a while, not saying anything. It's nice to be alone with him. Even if we aren't talking.

"Sans?" I say once I get a thought.

"What cha need?"

"How many other Frisk's have you been in a relationship with?"

He bursts out laughing.

I look at him to get an answer.

"Oh, you're serious."

I continue looking at him.

"None. I'm sure there's another universe with us together but you're my one and only." Sans puts his arm around me and pulls me against his body.

I smile and rest my head on him.

We lay there again without saying anything.

"What about Chara?" I ask.

"Alright, that's enough."