14: Cracking

A day to two go by and I'm finally out of the hospital. Sans came to pick me up and now we're in the car. He looks worse. His head has been bothering him and it looks like he hasn't slept in days. He's having a weird time with driving. He looks like he's trying to stay focused but it's not going so good.

He comes inches away from the car in front of us and slams on the breaks. He didn't even notice how far we were away.

"Are you ok?" I ask.

"Yeah. You?" He asks.

"I'm fine. Are you seeing ok?"

"Yeah. Why not?" He says and runs through a red light.

"Pull over!" I yell.

"Frisk, don't worry. I can see fine."

"Sans, you just ran through a red light!"

"I did?"

"Sans!"

"Ok ok. I'll pull over."

We pull onto the side of the road and look at each other. He looks terrible.

I put up my first and pinky finger. "How many fingers do you see?"

His eyes darts around, counting. "Four-"

"Ok. That's not that bad...I guess."

"Teen." Sans finishes.

"Wait...seriously?" I ask very worried.

He gives me a nervous smile.

"I'll drive." I say and get out of the car.

Sans doesn't protest and gets in the passengers seat. I start the car and get back on the road.

Sans doesn't talk. I can tell he's in pain and maybe something's bothering him but I'm not sure. All I want to do is get home so he can rest.

I didn't even realize how far the house was until now. Or maybe I'm lost. I'm not sure.

Sans keeps closing his eyes then opening them again. He's been keeping himself awake? Is he in that much pain?

"You can fall asleep, ya know. I'll wake you when we get there." I say. I can't stand seeing him like this.

"It-it's cool. *Yawn* I'm not tired."

A minute later he ends up falling asleep.

Finally, I pull into the driveway.

"Hey. Sans." I say and place a hand on his shoulder.

He moves slightly but doesn't wake up.

He needs the rest. If he's been in this much pain that he can't sleep, I might as well give him some time to rest.

I get out of the car and walk into the house.

Papyrus and Mettaton are in the kitchen with Ethan in the living room. I'm surprised he's awake.

"Ah, Frisk darling! It's so good to see you again." Mettaton says.

"You too MTT. It's good to be back." I say with a smile.

"I'll be back in an hour." Ethan says. "A friend needs something."

"I'll see you then." I say as he walks out of the house.

"WHERE'S SANS?" Pap asks.