The Day James Asked For A Date

James's family life has always been pretty...weird. He has lived a privileged life, but his relationship with his parents is different. He and his mom are pretty close, but Brooke Diamond can be a control freak. She won't take no for an answer and she doesn't really have to worry about hearing the word because no one ever says no to her. In other words, she always gets her way. She has made a lot of decisions for James. When he and his friends wanted to take snowboarding lessons, she made them take ballet. When James wanted to take Brittany Hansen to the school dance sophomore year, Brooke didn't let him because she didn't think Brittany was right for James. That's stupid in James's opinion. He had no plans of being in a serious relationshio with her. They were just going to the dance together.

As for James's dad, he doesn't even like to talk about the man. Samuel Diamond betrayed the family. His relationship with Brooke only lasted for eleven years of James's life. For a big part of James's childhood, he didn't get to have a real relationship with his father because Samuel cared more about partying. Finally, Brooke couldn't take it anymore. She filed for a divorce from her husband. That really hurt James, but that's not the worst part. What really hurt is what happened about ten months later. Samuel remarried. He married some girl that is fifteen years younger than him. It's like Brooke wasn't good enough for him. Lately, he has been trying to get in touch with his son, but James isn't having it. Samuel doesn't deserve to have a proper relationship with James. If he had really wanted to, he would have tried to contact James much sooner. Basically, James can't stand his so called father.

He sits on the bed, staring at his cell phone screen. Five missed calls. Why does his dad even bother trying? He can call a million times, but he doesn't even realize how much he hurt James. It's almost like he never even wanted James in the first place. When James was due to be born, his dad got to the hospital late. He had been out that night and he got a call from Brooke's mom, saying that the baby was coming. He obviously wasn't in any hurry because he ended up being ten minutes late. James shouldn't hate anyone, but he can't think of another word to describe how he feels about his father.

He clenches his jaw and puts his phone on the bedside table. He doesn't want to think about his father. He wants to think about something that makes him happy, like Jenna. He's eager to get to know her. Although he barely knows her, he's interested in knowing more about her. What are her hobbies? What is her favorite flower? What does she plan on doing after high school? What would she like to do on a first date?

Speaking of Jenna, he sent her a friend request on Facebook. He wants to see if she has accepted him yet, so he grabs his lap top and clicks into the internet. He goes to his Facebook account and checks his notifications. Sure enough, Jenna has added him. He silently cheers in excitement, going to her page. He looks at her profile picture. She's laying on her bed, cuddling a teddy bear in her arms. James finds it to be really cute. As he looks at her posts, he finds himself smiling more with each one.

I'm really craving Subway:P

That was posted a couple of hours ago. It also gives James an idea. He'll order a Subway sandwich, take it to Jenna's house, and maybe she'll accept a date with him. He doesn't want to be too forward, but he can't help that he would really like to go out with her. They don't even have to call it a date if she doesn't want to. All he wants to do is spend more time with her.

He smiles as he logs out of Facebook and closes the lap top. He jumps off the bed and runs over to the dresser, checking his reflection. He looks good, as usual. All he has to do is get the pretty girl a sandwich.

"Where are you going?" Carlos asks from the couch.

"Subway!" James says before grabbing the keys to the Big Time Rush mobile, rushing out the door. He walks down the hallway and into the elevator, wondering what kind of sandwiches Jenna likes. He personally likes the spicy italian sub, so maybe she would enjoy it, too. She enjoyed the hazelnut latte when he recommended it to her.