Chapter 31: The Night They Spent In Vegas

James watches Jenna with curiosity. She has been staring out the window of their hotel for the past ten minutes. After finishing the South American leg of the tour, they're back in the US. They traded Griffin's private jet for a tour bus. Now they're in Las Vegas, which they have been looking forward to ever since they found out about the tour. The fans in Vegas seemed to enjoy the show tonight and now the group plans to celebrate. They're gonna go to Tao Restaurant and Nightclub. They're not gonna do anything crazy, just dinner. The adults are gonna see some musical because Gustavo said that he needs a break from the "dogs" and "dogette." Jenna's the dogette. Mercedes and Jennifer won't let him refer to them as "dogettes" because they think it's insulting. Speaking of Mercedes and Jennifer, they plan to party it up tonight. Everyone has asked Jennifer what she's gonna do if pictures of her end up on the internet and her "good girl" reputation goes up in flames (And hello, she has young fans that look up to her!) but she insists that nothing is gonna happen.

But James and Jenna are gonna stay away from the nightclub part of the restaurant. They plan to get a table on the second floor, where they can be alone. They spend many hours on that tour bus with the others, so they're always eager when they get the chance to have a little alone time. Tonight, it's just gonna be the two of them and some tasty food. They'll let their friends have fun downstairs, but they're gonna stay as far from the craziness as possible. Kendall, Carlos, and Logan probably won't do anything stupid, but Mercedes and Jennifer are gonna go wild. They've already made that announcement.

"What are you looking at?" James asks, hugging Jenna from behind. He kisses her cheek and smiles as she takes a deep breath. She looks at him with her pretty green eyes and he gives her a kiss, his eyes filled with concern. He thinks that Las Vegas makes her kind of nervous. She has been talking about how wild Vegas can be and she's afraid that something bad is gonna happen, even though James can almost guarantee that everything will be fine.

"Are you sure this is safe?" She asks him. "I've never been to a nightclub before."

"It's not just a nightclub." James chuckles. "It's also a restaurant."

"What if some drunk guy tries to attack us?" Jenna asks as James leads her towards the door. She stops walking as James opens the door, not making another move. When James notices, he lifts her into his arms and, ignoring her protests, carries her out. The door closes and he starts walking down the hallway, laughing at Jenna's attempts to get away from him. He finally puts her down and when she tries to make a run for it, he throws his arms around her waist and drags her into the elevator.

"James!" She whines, finally giving up the fight. She sighs as James kisses her cheek, annoyed that she's being forced to go to some nightclub in Las Vegas. She promised her parents that she would behave like a responsible adult. They have always been able to trust her and she doesn't want to break that trust. She doesn't plan on drinking, but just being in a nightclub is a bad idea. She can't even believe that Gustavo, Kelly, and Griffin are allowing them to do this. Jenna wishes that she and James could stay at the hotel, while everyone else goes to that nightclub.

"I don't wanna go." She argues.

"You're going." James says, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "You need to loosen up. You're not gonna drink, I'm not gonna drink, the guys aren't gonna drink. If anyone is gonna drink any alcohol, it'll be Mercedes and Jennifer."

"Ugh, they're crazy." Jenna complains as she follows James out of the elevator. This is a really stupid idea. Why couldn't they have went to see a play like Gustavo, Kelly, and Griffin are doing? That would be more fun that going to a stupid nightclub where most of the people are going to be a drunken mess. If any photographers get a picture of them, Jenna's gonna have a heck of a time explaining it to her parents. Chris went to nightclubs when she was younger and she didn't bother telling their parents because she would be in big trouble if she did.