Chapter 38: The Day Of Their Big Time Beach Day

Ah, the beach! It's a place where parents enjoy lounging around on a lawn chair, while their kids play in the water and build sandcastles. It's also a perfectly place to have a fun outing with friends, especially when Griffin's beach house is nearby. Spending a day in a rich guy's beach house? That is definitely a part of a perfect summer. He has his own indoor pool, a media room, his own gym, and the bathrooms are amazing. Jenna is lounging by the pool, while the guys are enjoying a snack downstairs. There's only two other people in here, so Jenna gets to have some peace and quiet.

She is about to drink another sip of her pink smoothie when the door bursts open. She chokes on her laughter as Carlos falls into the pool, then waves at James. She gets out of her seat and walks over to him, kissing his cheek.

"How was your snack, boys?" She asks them.

"Best cheese and crackers I've ever tasted." Kendall says, watching as Logan drags Carlos out of the pool.

"Hey, wanna go to media room for a while?" James asks Jenna, taking her smoothie. He takes a couple of sips and hands it back to her, kissing her cheek.

"Sure." Jenna says, drinking the rest of her smoothie. She throws the empty cup away, then follows James out of the pool area. They walk down the hallway until they reach Griffin's media room, relieved when they see that it's completely empty. They close the door and walk over to the TV, looking at the stack of movies next to it. They haven't watched a movie together in a while. Jenna kind of feels like watching Meet The Parents. It cracks her up every time she watches it, especially the airplane scene where Greg snaps at the flight attend.

"Aww, I love Meet The Parents." She says, grabbing the DVD.

"Hey, let's watch it." James says, taking the DVD from his girlfriend. He puts it in the DVD player, then he and Jenna sit in the movie theater style seats. As soon as they are both sitting down, Jenna realizes that she would rather sit on James's lap. So she gets out of her seat and lowers herself onto his lap, which he doesn't seem to mind at all. In fact, he seems to enjoy it.

"Have you seen Greg and McKenna's son?" She whispers. McKenna gave birth to Tyler Jay Cooper in May. The little guy is two months old now. Greg and McKenna are always posting pics of him on their Scuttlebutter profiles. Jenna can't wait to have a baby of her own someday. She doesn't know how her parents would feel about it, but she definitely wants to be a wife and mother. Her dad would probably get mad and accuse James of making his daughter grow up too fast, but that's because he overreacts to everything.

"Yeah, he's adorable." James smiles, hugging her waist.

Jenna rests her head on his shoulder, sighing as he kisses her forehead. This whole summer has been perfect for them. For the most part, there hasn't been any rumors about them and the paparazzi aren't too invasive. They just keep their distance and snap pictures. Jenna doesn't mind that. She hates when the paparazzi crowd around stars, snap pictures, and ask really personal questions. Jenna's least favorite is the pregnancy thing. She can be walking to her car or a store, while the paparazzi ask her if she's really pregnant. She wants to have kids someday, but she doesn't want people saying she's pregnant when she's not.

"Okay, the first film is premiering later this year, and you've basically explained it's plot." The New Zealand radio host tells Jo. "Chauncey Jackson's parents are killed in a freak accident and Chauncey investigate the mysterious circumstances surrounding their death. During his journey, he meets your character and they fall in love, and go on an action packed adventure, of course. Anyway, now you're on a short break before you finish filming the second film. Tell us about the plot of the second Chauncey Jackson film."

"Chauncey Jackson and The Magic Island." Jo says thoughtfully. "Basically, Chauncey and Victoria are on summer vacation and they get stranded on this island, which just doesn't seem quite normal to them. They can tell that the island has some secrets and they have find out what's going on."