Chapter 18: The Night Of Jenna's Graduation

James quietly waits for the Lincoln High School graduation ceremony to begin. Jenna's finally graduating from high school and, next week, she and Lacey will be moving into their dorm at UCLA. They want time to get acquainted with the school, kind of like Stephanie wants to do with NYU. So they're moving in early. But James doesn't have to worry because Jenna's still going to be living in town, unlike Stephanie, who's going to be on the other side of the country. Even though Carlos won't admit it, he's been kind of down about Stephanie leaving tomorrow. Yeah, the guys already graduated last week.

He sees school faculty members already standing on the football field, but he cares more about seeing Jenna in her cap and gown. She probably looks really cute and once she's done, he's taking her out for a romantic dinner. Her family already took her out for lunch to celebrate, so they're letting her enjoy dinnertime with James. He's glad that they are able to share her. Today is a special occasion and he wants to do something romantic for her. No surprise parties, no material possessions, just a romantic night together.

He's been thinking about buying her a promise ring. They've been dating for six months, which he thinks is a pretty good time to give a promise ring. They're too young to be engaged or married, but he thinks that she's the one for him. The longer they're together, the more he realizes that he could really see himself spending his life with her. Someday, they'll get married and they'll have beautiful children together.

Yeah, it sounds crazy. James Diamond and committment don't seem like they would fit in the same sentence, but things can change. Things happen that can really surprise people. James may not seem like the kind of person that would get married, but he wants to. When he's old enough and he feels ready, he wants Jenna to be the one meeting him at the altar. He wants her to be Mrs. Jenna Diamond someday. He wants her to be the one saying "I do" and exchanging wedding rings with him.

"Hey, the ceremony is about to begin." Kendall whispers.

They all watch as the graduates begin walking onto the football field. It's a good thing that Gustavo hired Freigh Train because if he hadn't, they would be trampled by fans right now. They would hate for that to happen on a special occasion like this. They want to see Jenna and Lacey graduate from high school, not run away from crazed fans.

After the validictorian (Brian) and solutitorian (Some girl that the guys don't know) make their speeches and Principal Hart makes her speech, they start giving the graduates their diplomas. They say names one by one, and the graduates walk up to Principal Hart, accept their diploma, and shake her hand while a photographer takes their picture.

"Jenna Elizabeth Harper!" Principal Hart says. The guys all burst into applause as Jenna gets her diploma. James thinks he even saw her smile at him. He is so proud of his girl for making it this far. She's gonna go to college and become a school counselor. She may not be in show business, but James loves her anyway. He doesn't care what her chosen career is, as long as she's being herself.

Principal Hart continues to announce names one by one.

"Lacey Alexandra Russo!"

They cheer for Lacey too, since they also consider her to be a friend. She's a little crazy, but she's fun to be around. She's even toned down her Logan obsession a little bit, so he's a little less creeped out by her. They're more like friends than a pop star and obsessive fan, which is good because Jenna confessed that she feels that Lacey's going to end up embarrassing herself if she doesn't let it go.

After a few more names are spoken and the last diplomas are given, Principal Hart speaks again.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Lincoln High School class of 2011!"