Chapter 8: The Day Jenna Was Popular For A Day

Jenna hates this. She doesn't know how celebrities do it. She stands close to Lacey and tries to take deep, calming breaths as they get out of Lacey's car. Camera flashes are everyone and loud voice blend together. They seem to be doing pretty well until they get to the front door, where paparazzi crowd block their path. Jenna is going to be sick if she doesn't get inside. Once again, she hates large crowds. This is a huge crowd and she's getting a headache, her breathing is getting heavier, and she really does feel like she's going to throw up. She needs to get inside NOW!It turns out that Jenna had every reason to be worried about school. When Lacey parks in her usual parking space, paparazzi immediately crowd around the car. Lacey growls and mumbles a few Spanish words under her breath, motions for Jenna to stay in the car, then steps out and pushes photogs aside as she walks around to the passengers side. She opens Jenna's door and helps her friend out of the car, kicking the door shut before they begin walking toward the front entrance. Jenna keeps her head down, taking Jo's advice and not answering any questions.

"Yo rasgar tu cabeza si no mueve!" Lacey snaps, grabbing one photographer by the front of his shirt. She pushes him out of the way and soon the others start moving as well. Lacey gives them a threatening stare and grabs Jenna's arm, opening the door and walking inside. Jenna breathes a sigh of relief once she is away from the paparazzi. Of course, that relief almost immediately goes away. Other students and even school faculty stare at her. Some with jealousy, some with sympathy, and some with amusement. A few students whisper as they watch her. Two students in particular, Anna Dalton and her equally snobby follower, Layla Smith, whisper and giggle as they watch James Diamond's girlfriend.

"Lace, people are staring." Jenna whispers.

"Ignore them." Lacey says as they walk to their lockers.

Jenna sighs as she looks at the picture of James that she keeps in her locker. It was taken during a recent Pop Tiger photo shoot. She really likes the boy, but all this attention really makes her feel uncomfortable. She wasn't meant to be the center of attention. She's suppose to be quiet, geeky girl that no one notices. Being famous is not her thing, yet here she is. She barely managed to get inside her school because paparazzi were crowding the entrance, asking her questions and taking pictures of her.

"I can't believe those paparazzi are here for you." Brian says, coming up behind Jenna. "I was walking from my car and they were asking me who you were, but no worries, I didn't say a thing."

"Thanks." Jenna says, closing her locker. "Let's get to class."

They walk upstairs to their History class and when they enter the room, more whispers and stares follow. Jenna sits in her usual seat and puts her History book in front of her. Someone taps her on the shoulder and she turns around, coming face to face with Anna. A smirk is on the "queen bee's" heavily made up face. If she's not picking on Lacey, she's messing with Jenna.

"I watched the news." Anna says quietly. "Are you really dating James Diamond, the hottie of Hollywood's hottest new boy band?"

"I would be pretty jealous if I were you, Anna." Layla laughs. "Any girl would be lucky to date that boy."

"I'm just surprised." Anna insists, pushing a strand of blonde hair away from her face. "I mean, Jenna doesn't really seem like his type. I don't mean to be a downer, but I've heard he's kind of a player. You might want to watch out, Jenna. He might end up breaking your heart. He has done it before and I wouldn't be surprised if he did it again. You don't wanna be his next victim, do you?"

"He wouldn't do that." Jenna insists. "I know the magazines say that he's a player, but he's really sweet. People just need to get to know him before they make any assumptions because he's not a bad guy."