Chapter 12: The Day Of Their First Valentines Day

"Happy Valentines Day!" James exclaims as he, Jenna, and the other guys and their girlfriends, enter an arcade. It has been more than two months since James and Jenna started dating and everything is going great. Today is their very first Valentines Day as a couple and, along with the material gifts that the girls will be recieving later, the guys wanted to take them to an arcade and "show them a good time." Right now, the girls think it's stupid and boyish, but they won't be thinking that way for very long. Besides, James is going to show Jenna this really cool hockey related game and, since she doesn't know how to play, he'll have to show her how. He's looking forward to it because it's going to involve lots of contact between them.

"Guys, you're really making us do this?" Camille complains.

"Yep." The guys say in unison, dragging their girls in different directions. James wraps his arm around Jenna's shoulders and kisses her temple as he takes her around the arcade, looking for the game he wanted to show her. She has never seen a single hockey game before, whether it be live, on TV, or a hockey arcade game. While they play this game, he's going to teach his girl all about his favorite sport. She'll love it once they're done.

"I'm gonna suck, you know." Jenna says as James leads her to some arcade machine.

"Don't say that." James chuckles, standing behind her. He places a quick kiss on her cheek, then puts his hands over hers. "You know how to do this?"

"Of course not." Jenna giggles as James gives her hands a squeeze.

"Okay, you want to get the puck into that goal." James says, carefully guiding Jenna's hands. Her hands are on the lever and she (with James's help) tries to make her character hit the puck into the goal. To her disappointment, the opposing character beats her. She sighs softly, but ends up smiling when James wraps his arms around her shoulders, hugging her from behind. She turns around and wraps her arms around his neck, giving him a kiss.

"Let's try again." James chuckles. Jenna turns to face to machine and James grabs her hands once again. He pays even more attention this time and, eventually, is able to help Jenna get the puck into the goal. He finds himself being dragged into a hug by Jenna, followed by several kisses. He laughs as she places one kiss on his cheek. Looks like she might be just a little too hyped up.

"Calm down, babe." He laughs. "It's just a game."

"I know." Jenna says quietly, a smile on her face. James kisses her hand and they begin walking around the arcade. They don't play any games, but simply walk. These past months have been really amazing for both of them. Jenna feels like a different person these days. She's still shy, but she feels a little more outgoing. She also feels more attractive. James makes her feel pretty.

"Hey, I wanna give you your gift." James says, taking her to another part of the arcade. It's a quiet little sitting area, so people can sit if they don't feel like playing anything. It's not too crowded at the moment, so it'll be the perfect place for him to give her the present. He hopes that she'll like it. Girls like pretty things, don't they? Surely Jenna will love her present.

"Okay, what is it?"

"This." James says, handing a wrapped box to her.

Jenna unwraps the gift and lifts a beautiful necklace with a diamond encrusted J. She has never gotten a present like this from a guy. When she was dating Aaron, he gave her his letterman jacket to wear. This necklace must have cost a lot of money. It's beautiful and she can't wait to put it on. Really, she has never received such a gift, but she likes it a lot.

"Lets put it on." James says, standing behind her. She lifts her hair and he puts the necklace on her. She smiles as she touches the charm, feeling much love for her boyfriend. She has been thinking about it lately and she thinks that she's falling in love with him. She doesn't know if he feels the same way, though. If he does, they're probably both trying to avoid rushing the relationship. Relationships can end when things move too fast and neither one of them wants to lose the other. They care about each other way too much to let that happen.