The Day They Became A Couple

Jenna hums softly as she types away on her lap top. She has an essay due in English on Monday and she's doing the finishing touches now. Of course, it's kind of hard to concentrate when she has a cute on her mind. She had fun with James yesterday, she really did, and she wouldn't hesitate to do it again. James isn't the person that people make him out to be. Maybe he has dated a lot of girls, but Jenna doesn't think he seems like a player. He's very sweet and she feels so comfortable when she's with him. Her dad doesn't seem to think hanging out with James is a good idea, though. When she got home from the date yesterday, he lectured her on these "music types" and how a celebrity is no good for her. Well, Jenna thinks that he should get to know James before he makes any judgements. Maybe he would see that James really isn't all that bad.

"Jenna, Lacey is here." Chris says from the doorway of her younger sister's bedroom.

"Send her up." Jenna says, keeping her eyes on the computer screen. A couple minutes later, Lacey jumps onto the bed and Chris returns downstairs.

"You went out with James Diamond?" Her best friends shrieks. She sighs as she looks at her friend. She should have known that Lacey would freak out over this. Lacey tends to freak out over anything BTR related. They may be best friends, but sometimes Jenna is reluctant to tell Lacey anything. The girl isn't exactly good at keeping secrets. As of right now, Jenna wants to keep her date with James a secret. She doesn't want anyone hounding her and begging her to get James's autograph for them or something. Anyway, it's not like they're officially boyfriend and girlfriend. They just went out. If Jenna has to be honest, she would like to be James's girlfriend, but she also thinks that they shouldn't rush things. She takes dating seriously, which means that she won't become someone's girlfriend until she really gets to know them.

"Yeah, I did." She says slowly. "But listen to me, you cannot tell anyone, okay? I don't want people asking me about James and all that. I don't want to get unwanted attention for going out with James Diamond. Promise?"

"I won't say a word."

"I'm serious, Lacey."

"So am I!"

"Good." Jenna smiles, saving her essay. She'll print it out later. Right now, she's craving a slice of that pizza that her mom brought home yesterday. Last night, she and Chris stayed up until one, eating pizza and watching nighttime sitcoms. She is addicted to cheese pizza. Chris prefers sausage, so their mom got half cheese and half sausage. She wouldn't mind getting some pizza with James sometimes. Ugh, why does his name always pop up? Every food she eats and every show or movie she watches, she thinks about what food, TV shows, and movies that James would like. What is happening to her mind?

"It's too bad that Logan has a girlfriend." Lacey sighs, laying on her back. Her red V neck shirt is kind of low cut, so Jenna pulls it up. She hates to be acting like Lacey's mother, but she doesn't want her best friend to look like a slut. Lacey's actual mom is always busy, so she doesn't pay a whole lot of attention her daughter. Jenna, on the other hand, knows that Lacey is better than the other skanks at their school. She doesn't need to dress or act trashy.

"He's dating Camille Roberts, isn't he?" She asks.

"Yeah, the girl from Magic Middle School." Lacey answers. "I loved that show, especially that one episode where those guys drench that nerdy kid in water. That was hilarious."

"Hey, let's get some pizza." Jenna says, getting off the bed. Lacey follows her out the door and they walk down the stairs. They rush into the kitchen, heading straight for the pizza box on the counter. They both grab a slice of cheese pizza and go to the living room, where Mandy Harper (Jenna and Chris's mom) and Chris are sitting on the couch. Jenna sits next to her sister, while Lacey sits on the floor.