Chapter 45: The Day They Found Their Perfect Home

"Welcome to apartment 5M." Bitters says as he, James, and Jenna enter the apartment. James and Jenna look around in amazement at the place that could possibly become their home. The first thing they see is the living room and a door to the master bedroom. When they look to their right, they see the kitchen. Next to the living room couch, there is a door. James is guessing that it leads to a bathroom or bedroom. Anyway, James thinks that this could be a perfect place for them to live as husband and wife.

"Let me give you a tour." Bitters tells them. "As you can see, we are currently standing in the living room. There is a TV, which is hooked up to cable. Next to the TV, there is a desk with a computer. As you probably know, it has high speed internet. Anyway, look straight ahead and you'll see a door leading to the master bedroom, which is where I'm guessing you two will be sleeping."

"This is nice." Jenna whispers.

"I know." James smiles as they follow Bitters. They approach the door by the couch, watching as the hotel manager pushes it open. They enter a short hall with three doors. On the left side, there are two doors and on the other side, there is only one."

"This door leads to the guest bathroom." Bitters says, opening the first door on the left.

James gently touches the sink counter, imagining what it's gonna be like having their very own apartment. He feels happy, but a weird kind of happy. The concept of living on his own is kind of...different? Yeah, he has always had someone taking care of him for most of his life. Now he's gonna be the man of the house, taking care of his wife and possibly children sometime in the future. He has a feeling that this independence thing is gonna take some getting use to. He's excited, though. He's beyond happy to be marrying the love of his life.

It takes twenty minutes for them to get a full tour of the house, then Bitters leaves them to explore on their own while he goes downstairs to check on things. Before he leaves, he warns them not to mess anything up.

"So...What do you think?" Jenna asks, sitting on the pale blue couch.

"I like it." James says, sitting next to her. "How about you?"

"I love it." Jenna smiles, looking around the apartment. "I think it would be a great place to live."

She crawls onto his lap and wraps her arms around his neck, kissing his cheek. She wants this place so bad and since James just said that he liked it, she's assuming that they have finally chosen their future home. Bitters showed them two other available apartments and neither of them were really meant for James and Jenna. For a while, they were starting to get worried. If they didn't find anything at the Palm Woods, where would they live? They were really hoping to stay at the Palm Woods with their friends, but they really want their own place. As far as they know, this is gonna be their place.

"I like how it's decorated." She tells him. "I guess we don't need to buy anymore furniture."

"Good." James says in relief. "Because I don't feel like buying all that stuff."

"Lazy!" Jenna teases.

"Oh? Want me to prove that I'm not?" James chuckles.

"Go ahead." Jenna says playfully. She squeals as James picks her up, carrying her to the master bedroom. He lays her on the bed and tickles her stomach, stradling her waist. He tickles her stomach, smiling as she tries to push his hands away. But every time she pulls her hand back, he continues tickling her. Finally, Jenna sits up and cups her hands over his cheeks.

"Stop!" She whines.

"Why should I?" James grins, kissing her softly.

"Because you're nice?"