Chapter 48: The Night They Celebrated Their Marriage

The whole wedding party watches as James and Jenna pose while Marcos snaps some pictures of them. While the guests enjoy the cocktail hour, Marcos is getting some pictures of the wedding party. He has already snapped some photos of the bride, groom, and wedding party together, so he just has to get some pictures of James and Jenna alone. They look so happy as they hug and kiss, their pre wedding nerves completely gone. They're finally husband and wife, so they no longer have any reason to be nervous. Now they can pose for pictures and celebrate their new marriage with no worries at all.

Jo anxiously stands between Kendall and Dak. She hasn't seen Kendall in almost two years, so she's a little anxious about being so close to him. She's not intending to sound like a panicky, whiny little baby, but her relationship and even her friendship with her ex boyfriend has started to crumble with the amount of time that they have spent apart. How does anyone expect her to feel? And now she's watching two of her friends enjoy their marriage, which reminds her of the destruction of her own relationship. She and Kendall could have gotten married someday if she hadn't accepted that role, but her manager felt that it would do wonders for her career. Besides, she is a huge fan of the Chauncey Jackson books. She wanted to accept that part.

"You okay?" Dak whispers.

"Yeah." She lies, watching as James kisses his wife.

"Guys, the DJ is ready to introduce the wedding party!" Ms Knight calls out. All members of the wedding party walk to the entrance, following Ms Knight into the building. They turn left and walk down a hallway until they reach the very end of it. At the end of the hallway, there is a door leading to the outside reception area. They can see guests all over the place, drinking glasses of wine and mingling with other guests.

As the DJ announces each member of the wedding party, they walk out the door. James and Jenna stand there, holding hands. James knew that being married would feel good, but he never realized how amazing being a newlywed really is. He's gonna spend the rest of his life with this amazing girl as his wife. He certainly wouldn't change a thing about that. Jenna Elizabeth Diamond is all his, forever and always. They're gonna have a couple of kids and be one happy family. James is so happy that he can't even think of words to describe his feelings.

"Ready, husband?" Jenna laughs, linking her arm with his.

"I'm ready." James says, giving her a kiss.

"Mr and Mrs James and Jenna Diamond!" The DJ exclaims. James and Jenna receive a lot of applause as they walk out the door. They walk onto the floor and wave at their guests, hugging every friend and family member that approaches them. Even Aunt Lauren gives them a hug and she was the one that was discouraging their relationship when they first started dating. Then again, most people who were aganst their relationship have started to accept. Most of Jenna's family actually likes James now, so there's nothing to worry about.

"James!" Brooke exclaims, walking over to her son. She kisses him on the cheek, then hugs Jenna. "And my new daughter in law! Oh, welcome to the family, Jenna!"

"Thanks, Ms Diamond." Jenna says politely.

"Jenna, you're family now, so you can call me Brooke."

"Sure thing, Brooke." Jenna giggles.

"The bride and groom will now share their first dance as husband and wife." The DJ says, prompting Brooke and any other guests to step off the dance floor. James kisses Jenna's forehead and guides her to the middle of the dance floor. They chose "Dreaming Of You" as their first dance song. They were watching the Selena movie and Jenna started crying at the end when Selena died, but she and James both loved the song.

Meanwhile, Stephanie is sitting at the table reserved for the wedding party. She alternates between watching the newlyweds and glancing at Carlos. She would love to be his girlfriend again, but it would be too hard to have a long distance relationship. They already agreed on that. No long distance relationships! Maybe they can get back together when she graduates from college, but they can't have a relationship right now. That's pretty sad, considering that she really loves Carlos. It hurts when you can't be with someone that you love.