Chapter 22: The Night Before Their First Anniversary

"Guys, where are you taking me?" Jenna asks as three of the guys team up to drag her through some building. She's blindfolded and she doesn't even know why. Mostly because the guys refuse to tell her. She keeps begging them to take the blindfold off and tell her what's going on, but they keep saying no, followed by some excited giggling from Carlos. This is really starting to annoy her. You don't blindfold someone and drag them around and not expect them to be just a little bit irritated. She really loves these boys, but they do some crazy things.

"Be patient." Kendall says as she is lowered into a chair. She anxiously looks around, freaked out by the darkness. She feels someone grabbing her shoulders, while someone else removes the blindfold from her eyes. She frowns as she hears footsteps getting farther away from her. She watches as the guys run back inside whatever building they are at. Seriously, they picked her up from her house, blindfolded her, drove around for God knows how long, and refused to let her take the blindfold off. She really doesn't know where they are.

"Guys!" She whines as cool air hits her face. She listens carefull, pretty sure that she hears "Music Sounds Better With U" blasting from a radio. She holds back a shriek as someone suddenly hugs her from behind, but she relaxes when she finally comes face to face with James. She struggles to catch her breath and him kissing her passionately only makes it worse. This must be his one year anniversary surprise for her. Their actual anniversary is tomorrow, which is why she's surprised by this...gift.

"Where are we?" She asks him.

"We are on the roof of the beautiful Shore Hotel in Santa Monica."James smiles. "I already got us checked in."

"Seriously?" Jenna laughs as James leads her over to the balcony of the roof. It overlooks the ocean and Jenna almost wants to cry tears of joy. Suddenly, she isn't so annoyed with the guys for kidnapping her. This whole time, she wasn't aware that James was planning a romantic getaway for just the two of them. How amazing is this boy? She absolutely adores him.

"I wanted to do something extra special." James says, hugging her waist from behind. "I mean, it's our one year anniversary. A whole year together and I thought that it would be really romantic if we spent the night in a hotel by the beach."

"Thank you, baby." Jenna smiles, kissing him softly. "Now, I see that you got us dinner."

"Uh huh." James says, smiling shyly. Jenna giggles and kisses his cheek, grabbing his shirt and pulling him closer. He picks her up and she wraps her legs around his waist, squealing as he gives her a bear hug. She kisses him lovingly, letting her fingers run through his hair. She knows that he's smiling into the kiss. She loves that she has the ability to make him smile, just like he does to her.

"Hey, let's eat, then I have a present for you." She says as he puts her down. She takes his hand and they walk over to the small and round table. It's covered with a white class and it has a dimly lit candle as a centerpiece. That, combined with the love song playing in the background, gives this date a very romantic vibe. She doesn't even have to feel guilty either. Her parents obviously knew about the plan because when the guys picked her up, Kendall took her parents to the kitchen and when they came back out, they were all "Have fun!"

"The chef made spaghetti." James says as they sit across from each other.

"And please tell that those wine glasses aren't actually filled with alcohol." Jenna says, eyeing her drink.

"It's apple cider." James chuckles.

"Good." Jenna says in relief. As she starts eating, she finds herself glancing at the ring on her right hand. She would really like a marriage proposal in a few years, but she'll wait as long as James wants to. Besides, they're together and that's all that matters. She would like to get married while she's still young, though. Preferably when she's in her early twenties. She would rather not be the forty year old, unmarried cat lady.